Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I'll do my best to explain the problem. I have been reading the forums like crazy and really only read one post that described my problem almost exactly but it wasn't the original topic of that thread so no one really commented on it. I read all of the slip yoke / driveshaft threads and it sounded like that at first but I'm just not exactly sure. So here goes:

2007 Tundra Crewmax 5.7L 4x4 Limited w/ 56,000 Miles

The problem is intermittent and usually happens more often when the weather is warm, or the truck has been running for a while. I've owned the truck for about 8 months and only started noticing this issue in the last month.

When I am coming to a complete stop (soft or hard), at the very end of the stop there is a feeling that something either engages or disengages. Almost as if the breaks are slightly grabbing at the very last second.

When I am moving from a complete stop, I can roll all I want, but the second I put the gas on there is a slight delay. The delay is a half a second at most. It feels as if something there could me some "play" in something. Or something is taking a little bit longer to engage. I feel this mostly in the gas pedal. A passenger can also feel this but it's quite subtle. I wouldn't equate it to a bump as there is no lurching motion.

So some of the things that are different than what I've read in the driveshaft problems are as follows;
-The sound isn't audible. I can't hear a clunk or any noise. Its more a feeling and quite subtle, some may not notice it unless I pointed it out.
-The problem happens exactly as I come to a complete stop and exactly when I put the gas on. As in there is no delay.
-It never feels strong enough like I've been tapped in the back by another car but could feel like there is something sliding in the bed.
-I haven't noticed any issues with respect to downshifting from 5th to 4th as others have mentioned.

Well peeps... love to hear your ideas. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Tundra was stock except for the 20" Fuel Rims and oversized Toyo tires 275/65/20 when I got it. I added the 2.4" Readylift to the front to level the truck out. I didn't put any spacers in the back.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it could very well be that. I have looked through all of the threads regarding the driveline clunk. Some symptoms match, some don't. Perhaps mine is JUST starting out and it's really minimal right now which is why it isn't very noticeable. I'll monitor it for a little bit and see what happens. If it persists I'll grease the slip yoke and see if that takes care of the issue. The problem is so minor right now that I was thinking it could be something else. Anyone else have input?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OldGuy43 - I also thought this. It does make sense as far as the disengaged/engaged feeling that I'm getting just at the truck comes to a complete stop and again when I press the gas slightly. Do you notice yours doing that intermittently or does it happen to you all the time?

15whtrd - I went under the truck the other day and took a look. There wasn't any apparent issues. The truck is really clean for an 07 with only 56k miles on it. What exactly is it that I should be looking for when under there and my wife on the gas? Basically lay under there to see if she can move forward a bit to isolate the feeling that I'm getting?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.