Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
My brand new 2017 SR5 DC does that...no clunk, just a delay in power being applied to the driveline resulting in a slight sudden increase in engine RPM that's quickly knocked back down to normal when some drive line component suddenly engages and the truck gently lurches forward. I think it's the automatic transmission being lazy, and delays the shift to 1st gear until you seem to be fully determined to start forward again. Either that, or as someone suggested on an earlier related thread, it's the torque converter being unclear about when to be locked versus unlocked.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Yes, intermittently, or more accurately, I would actually say infrequently. Now that I know that it can happen, I am no longer surprised when it does happen. Try easing into the throttle a little more gently and see if that helps. That seemed to pretty much eliminate it for me.

It's annoying, but I anticipate that taking it to the dealer under warranty would yield no good results. It's probably a minor transmission control issue, and we know the Toyota solution to transmission problems. :rolleyes:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts