Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I have a hard working 2007 Toyota Tundra that's been my pride and joy since we got it. It distressed me greatly when I came out of my favorite restaurant the other night and my emblem was missing. The odd thing about this is there were no pry marks or any other indications that it had come off. It was just not there any longer.

Three questions:
1. My husband wondered if there was something about Toyota emblems that caused people to steal them. I think it may just be silly kids as I can't see where this would be any type of status symbol.

2. How do you even get them on and off?

3. It appears it's going to cost me around $40 - $50 bucks to get a new one. Seems really silly to spend this type of cash for a "advertisement," but the grill just doesn't look the same without it. Any suggestions for a less expensive option?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. It is probably just a case of some dumb thief thinking your emblem would look good in his garage. I've removed the center toyota emblem off my '08 grill to have it paint matched and I can tell you it just pops off in the back and is held in by only 2 small plastic clips. No way it falls off without somebody purposely removing it though. Had to be somebody with a tundra or experience removing one before for them to get it off without opening the hood.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Bad Dad gives Good Advice :thumbsup:

Edit: And all these other people posting at the same time as me...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information and suggestions. Unfortunately, being the newby that I am, I'm unable to post to the buy/sell thread until I have 50 posts under my belt. Even I don't talk that much.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
mine fell out once when I closed the hood...

when it was brand new tho.

Only little clips, don't even have to open the hood.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Glad you got your truck lookin good again cowgirl, i got your PM as i told you before all i wanted was a thank you. You gave me about 12 of them so you way over paid... lol
"Eyeland girl", aka shaki if i hit the mega millions here in ny ill buy everyone on this site a super charger

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Glad you got your truck lookin good again cowgirl, i got your PM as i told you before all i wanted was a thank you. You gave me about 12 of them so you way over paid... lol
"Eyeland girl", aka shaki if i hit the mega millions here in ny ill buy everyone on this site a super charger
Ok it's in writing!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: navybrat02

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
Hi my name is Eyeland Girl. I lost my super charger. Can you all be sweeties and start threads to get me one paid forward. I'll let you see my toes if you do :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Dammit Shaki you beat me. I was thinking the same thing, gonna post as Florida cowgirl and see how much free stuff I could get.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts