Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, looking for some advice. I have a Stock 2013, 5.7 Double Cab, Black Tundra. I added some Chrome nerf bars to the side. I'm looking to get some new rims as it has the stock ones and it really makes the truck look dull. Black on Black i've seen is a bit much for me I think. However generally Black on Black doesn't have the chrome maybe the chrome around will be a nice offset for the Black rims. I like clean rims nothing out of this world. Any suggestions? Possibly a picture of a truck similar to mine with black rims? I cant find one. I'm looking to stick with the Stock tires as well. I just went out and took a picture of it (ignore the flagrant rainbow...)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discounttiredirect.com has wheel choices and pics of them on your exact truck

Reactions: Killer Llama

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Is this close to the picture you had in mind?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Another possibility: Ballistic Jester with red inserts (if you don't like the red accent pieces, you could take them off).

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow yes that truck is the style im going for Dark, but has its accents of chrome. I don't have a Crew Max though nor do i have the limited grill. Is that thing Lifted? Doesnt look like Stock wheels either.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
I don't think either of these trucks is lifted, perhaps just leveled. The first one is Ultra Goliath and the second one is Ballistic Jester.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So judging by all of the pictures I see does it look ridiculous to keep stock tires and put on 18inch black rims?

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
I have stock tires with black side out on 18 inch (non-black) MM 961 (18 mm offset) with fender flares. I will eventually get wider tires when the stockers wear out. But I don't think it looks ridiculous (even though not as good as with wider tires).

You gotta do what you gotta do. Some of us can afford to do everything at once, . . . and some of us have children (4 for me). :)

Attachments

Reactions: erock

·
Registered
139 Posts
All you have to do is google Black tundra black rims and you will get a ton of results. If your not in a hurry I started a Pinterest Board and have been saving my results there. I'm going to keep updating it so check back. I also have a Black 2013 Tundra that I need rims for so I started a collection that I can reference and compare what I like best.

Check it out:
Tundra Rims and Lift

Here's my RhinoLiner board if anyone wants to check it out. The cool thing is you can add videos which most people dont know
so you could do a DIY Pinterest page for you Tundra. Pretty cool place to store ideas:
http://pinterest.com/johndrach/tundra-bed-liner/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts