Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
most manufactures sat that you cant run the stock tires with 6in lift, has anybody actually tried this? would like to lift my truck and remove the 35's in the winter time and put the stockers back on.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I can't imagine it would look too good, especially after you are used to seeing it with much bigger tires on there. I'm not sure why you couldn't run them if everything else is the same with mounting them back.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not really worried about how it looks, and I agree, I don't see why you cant run the stockers, but most say that you cant, just wondering why.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I have done it for about a week, had to wait for my rims and tires. no issues, just take corners slowly.

·
Registered
732 Posts
not really worried about how it looks, and I agree, I don't see why you cant run the stockers, but most say that you cant, just wondering why.
I was wondering the same and actually emailed Zone Suspension to ask the same question regarding their lift but they never answered me.

·
Registered
701 Posts
No reason you can't run stock tires. You can no problem. The problem is stock wheels. The wheels need more offset to clear suspension parts. You should be able to add a wheel spacer to get them out far enough.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
732 Posts
Anyone know if a spacer is required on the Zone lift? I can't get Zone to reply to me

Shit.. Just found this

Stock 18" wheels can not be installed. factory 20" wheels with more than 6.25" backspacing can not be installed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts