Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What does everyone recommend for LED bulbs for a '14 Platinum for the stock taillight. Just need blinkers and stop. Most sites have $40-60 per bulb, which seems kinda crazy. Also the front blinker as well. Places like Runnings have LED's in-stock locally, but seeing what others think.

Looks like I need 3157CK for the tails. Not much listed on Amazon.

--Is there any LED blinkers that don't need the resistor?
--I assume its a resistor per blinker?

I have 8th Gen LED Headlights, and replaced every other bulb on the truck with LED's.

Thanks,

·
Registered
357 Posts
If you find some leds that are canbus sometimes those are enough to keep away hyperflash but sometimes not depends on bulb and truck. Even though our trucks are same there's always some variation that can change how truck sees them. I used one big resistor on turns so I only have 2 resistors for turns. My sr5 dosent have 'bulb out' alerts so nothing needed for stop or runner. My wife's Tahoe has I guess a resistance meter inline and if her bulb goes out it will tell her on dash. Idk if tundra platinums are same way or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
What does everyone recommend for LED bulbs for a '14 Platinum for the stock taillight. Just need blinkers and stop. Most sites have $40-60 per bulb, which seems kinda crazy. Also the front blinker as well. Places like Runnings have LED's in-stock locally, but seeing what others think.

Looks like I need 3157CK for the tails. Not much listed on Amazon.

--Is there any LED blinkers that don't need the resistor?
--I assume its a resistor per blinker?

I have 8th Gen LED Headlights, and replaced every other bulb on the truck with LED's.

Thanks,
V-Led's Triton system. Amazon bulbs are junk and often dimmer than stock bulbs.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Your going to need I spend money. You can find over seas bulbs that are pretty good but gonna cost more. I think I spent about the 20-30 range for decent sets and they are way much much way brighter then stock, my wife thought my brake lights were stuck on till I hit brakes which she proceeded to cuss at me for blinding her. Same with fronts. When I hit my lock button at night my neighbor across street gets pissedddd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
V-Led's Triton system. Amazon bulbs are junk and often dimmer than stock bulbs.
Alright. Then I would need 4x of the weatherproof resistors they list for $14 each?

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Reactions: Mr. Creosote
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.