Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this last week, looking to see if anyone has ran a level/lift kit and left these stock wheels on, but upgraded the tires? Anyone have any pictures if so? Curious to see how it looks. I'm still favoring putting a different wheel on.

· Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here they are on a black Tundra with 275-65-20's on those rims. Leveled with 5100's up front.
Thanks! That's what I was wanting to see. Looks good. Looks better on the black than my white IMO.

· Registered
260 Posts
I have to agree. I really like these wheels but they don't stand out as much on a white truck. Historically, I've hated white cars and trucks but I have to admit that the white Tundras with black wheels look awesome. If I had your truck here's what I'd do aesthetically:

1. Level it
2. Buy some black wheels and bigger tires
3. Buy white color-matched door handles, grill surround, and mirror caps
4. Remove black pillar tape between front and rear windows

· Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have to agree. I really like these wheels but they don't stand out as much on a white truck. Historically, I've hated white cars and trucks but I have to admit that the white Tundras with black wheels look awesome. If I had your truck here's what I'd do aesthetically:

1. Level it
2. Buy some black wheels and bigger tires
3. Buy white color-matched door handles, grill surround, and mirror caps
4. Remove black pillar tape between front and rear windows
Pretty much all in process. I'm debating on the wheels though. I was ready to pull the trigger on 20" Fuel Hostage's, but am debating on the wheels. I have a friend who can coat the wheels black if I want to go that route, leave them stock, or swap the wheels out. Leaning towards still swapping them out. Need to decide quick though, because I'm going to sell these wheels & tires if I don't keep them and don't want to rack up a bunch of miles.

· Registered
260 Posts
If it was me I'd probably sell the ones you've got. I'm just ballparking based on what I've seen for sale, but I bet you could get somewhere between $500-800 for the wheels and maybe $500-600 for the tires if they've got low mileage. Selling them together might be a little more difficult.

If you went with aftermarket wheels in 20" that would help pay for a decent chunk of your upcoming wheel/tire purchase. If you went back to 18's, which is what I would do personally (I like smaller wheel bigger rubber), that sale could really put a dent in the cost of your replacement wheels/tires.

· Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's probably what I am going to do. Going to decide this weekend. They have ~300 miles on them right now.

· Registered
262 Posts
I've always been curious to see how those rims would look plasti-dipped

· Registered
92 Posts
I've seen same truck same wheels with 35 MTs around my town, if I catch him I'll snap a pic for ya

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Yup me too. But down here in corpus. Black crewmax leveled with those rims and 35" toyo mt's. looked great, i gave it a double take. Not sure if he was running a spacer or not though. A toyo in 35 is pretty wide for a 50mm offset.

· Registered
260 Posts
Yep, by my calculations I can always fit under 7ft of clearance and I'm about 99% sure 7ft is the standard height of a garage door. Do keep in mind that your angle of entry may play a role in whether you fit or not. Uphill into your garage is no problem. Downhill might be a problem.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.