Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

I am looking at a 2013 Tundra Work Truck package, the double cab with the 4.6 and I can get the truck for 23,900. I was wondering if that is a good price. I think it is since no other brand can come close when comparing similar options. I looked at all the makes, Ford, GM, Nissan, and Dodge (Ram) and the 2 trucks that I liked were the Tundra with the 4.6 and the Ford with the 5.0. Really I liked all the trucks to some degree, I just could not look to close to the GM's since they still have drum brakes and I spend lots of time off-road.

I currently have a two 1994 F-350 4x4 Crew Cabs with the 7.3 idi turbo diesel and I have had one truck for about 10 years, the other about 6 years and the only repairs that were not part of normal maintenance has been the Master and slave for the clutch. The trucks are beast and are very good trucks. They are just getting old and one rides like a tank.

My problem is I like the Tundra, but it just cannot do what my old truck can do. That is why I am on the fence when it comes to buying the Tundra.

I am aware of the possible problems with the Tundra, Frame, steering rack and flex fuel issues.

I will not take the truck to the beach so I should not have issues with the frame rusting, unlike some of the locals down here. I don't have a problem with the frame flexing, my 1-ton twist like a rag when you cross ditches and it has hauled 7 yards of cement. The old frames were designed to flex instead of breaking,

The rack type steering is just a weaker design than a steering box and I bet all makes will have the same problem.

The flex fuel should be a easy software fix

I might sell one of the F-350's and get the Tundra, That way I have a 1 ton when needed. Just would like to reduce the number of vehicles

1 - 2 of 2 Posts