Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 303 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Swapped out the Tundra front sway bar with a solid Sequoia front sway bar. The Sequoia bar is significantly heavier than the Tundra bar. Picked it up from Sparks for around $125 plus shipping.

Had a chance to ride around a bit and hit some jug handles. Overall, this is a nice handling improvement over the Tundra bar. Less understeer in the turns. Pretty sweet! Happy with the results for a cheap mod!

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Is it a clean swap? No end links or new mounts? I did notice the front sway bar a little too easy to twist when I had the front end apart. thanks for the info :)

·
Premium Member
4,270 Posts
I just got done installing the Sequoia bar. Took me about 30minutes after I got the front end up on jack stands. Swapped over the original end links and bushings. Anti-seized all the bolts.

Let me say that this bar on a RCSB 2wd truck is wonderful modification. I took it out on the winding back roads here in the valley and what a difference!

The truck was far more stable and predictable. The excessive nosing over I would encounter on sharp turns and switch backs under breaking are all but gone. Much more inspiring to drive now.

Keep in mind, this is conjunction with the TRD rear bar, and newly installed 5100 shocks.

Next is some better brakes and braided lines.......

·
Registered
181 Posts
Two questions:
1. Does anyone have the part number of the Seq. bar?

2. Why isn't someone making a high performance front bar for these trucks?

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,237 Posts
Sequoia is about 16% stiffer than Tundra. I put one on my truck about 6 mo ago...I like it.
What formula did you use to come up with the 16%?

Reactions: socal57chevy
1 - 20 of 303 Posts