Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally pulled the trigger on the BDS7 Lift and BMF S.O.T.A's wheels wrapped in 35x12.50x20 Toyo Open Country MT's.

I had plans to lift the truck prior to purchasing the Tundra. After I bought the truck I read about all of the steering rack issues with lifted trucks. Its now almost 3 years later and I've held off because of the dreaded steering rack failures. I have been worried that the minute I put on the lift, the steering rack is gonna blow and I'm going to be left with a big bill!

Well the rack blew while I was stock so I figure what the hell, if its gonna blow its gonna blow! At least I have a document showing that my rack blew while its stock. Lets see the dealership talk their way out of that one!

Anyway, on to the fun stuff! I have a 2011 Crewmax Limited 4x4 that's about to go up! The first delivery was today,TIRES! I have an appointment August 7th to have the lift put on. Cant wait! :D

Attachments

Reactions: yotaman05

·
"BHLM Master"
3,232 Posts
Subscribed, can't wait to see this one!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Big Tundra, I'm in Orlando and would love to meet up with you guys when this thing is lifted! I know that you all have had several meets in Tampa! I would love to get together on the next meet!

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Perfect choice on the wheels Stevefsu3 :) Looking forward to your build going together!

·
"BHLM Master"
3,232 Posts
Big Tundra, I'm in Orlando and would love to meet up with you guys when this thing is lifted! I know that you all have had several meets in Tampa! I would love to get together on the next meet!

We'll keep you in the loop Steve;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had the TPMS moved over from my factory wheels to the BMF wheels and had everything mounted and balanced. Here are a couple pictures of the truck on its way to the shop with the wheels and tires in the back.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The absolute worst part about modding a truck is the anxiety that goes on while waiting for the truck to be ready. For me, it was 2 full days of "I cant wait to get my truck!"

In the end all went well! Here are some pics of the outcome! I couldn't be happier! :D

Attachments

Reactions: yotaman05

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
looks kinda Canadian in the front

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Man that thing looks good.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just did the wheel well clearance mod. I had a little bit of rubbing on the front inner wheel well liner. Removing the screws and clips, pushing it back, a couple new holes and I have no more rub! Fairly easy to do and still looks factory.

I do have a question for anyone else with a BDS lift. Where your front bumper valance comes down and attaches to what Im assuming was the old skid plate that's removed, what did you do to fasten it back to the truck? My installer used zip ties. Im just curious as to what others have done. See pictures below:

Attachments

·
Registered
715 Posts
Looking real good, I cant wait to have enough money to do my lift.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I do have a question for anyone else with a BDS lift. Where your front bumper valance comes down and attaches to what Im assuming was the old skid plate that's removed, what did you do to fasten it back to the truck? My installer used zip ties. Im just curious as to what others have done. See pictures below:
While my lift isn't actually a BDS lift mine was similar. Rather than zip tie them back I used a cut off wheel and cut the tabs off flush. I don't think it matters much either way.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts