Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

This is my first Tundra (2020 TRD 4x4 Crewmax). Love it it so far!! It is not "loaded to the hilt" but it IS nicely equipped, which is exactly what I was looking for. I think my truck has the Audio Plus entertainment system (no navigation, and not the upgraded JBL sound system). It sounds "ok." I don't hate it lol. But I think there might be room for improvement??? I am coming from a 2015 RAM 1500 that had an Alpine system (which I think sounds 10x better than RAM's 19 speaker Harmon Kardon systems they're putting in their new trucks).

I've done a little searching, but am having trouble finding out exactly what size speakers I have in the various spots. Are my front door speakers 6.5's? Some sites say 6x9's fit in the doors, others say they don't. I suspect I'll need to add an amp for speakers and an amp for a sub. JL Audio has a box they SAY will fit nicely behind the back seat. On youtube I've seen similar boxes, and they cut holes in that back panel (I am not looking to do that). I'm just looking to get a little bump, and a bit more richness out of my tunes. Honestly, I'd like to keep the stock radio if that's possible (just for appearances).

Has anyone done a decent, non bank-breaking upgrade, who wouldn't mind sharing some insight and perspective?

Thanks in advance!

Trojan

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a system from him its not on his site as he can put together any brand for you. I have Hertz k170's in the doors 2 Hertz 10's powered by Helix M6 and controlled by a Helix DSP.3 using the factory head unit. go to tundras.com and look at the audio forum it is very active over there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KX - thanks for the response! I will head over there and see what I can find.

How do you like your system? Is it significantly better? Did you install it yourself or have a tech do it? I was hoping to get it done for around a thousand bucks. Would you mind sharing what you paid?

·
Registered
2019 Toyota Tundra Platinum CrewMax Barcelona Red Tunes By: Taylor's Audio of Alma GA
4 Posts
Trojan24
I also will direct you towards JRT @ tech12volts.com Taylor's Audio Alma Ga
I am a tickled owner of a 2019 Tundra Platinum with the factory JBL Audio and I Love IT !

My Name Is RdKing
And I Approve This Message
Tunes By: Taylor's Audio Alma GA
dba/ www.thech12volts.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts