Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 Tundra double cab short bed. I need a simple step to aid getting into the truck, something like the Carr Hoop step. I want simple, sturdy and easy to install. Small step only for driver would be enough. I would appreciate advice based on your experience. Thanks.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Big fan of Nfab... Solid and true.
Car Wheel Tire Plant Land vehicle

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good. Unfortunately they only have full length (for both doors). I'd rather have just driver's step. Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 Tundra TRD Sport, Rough Country lift, N-Fab Podium Steps, Boss HTX-V Plow, Aries Switchback Rak
25 Posts
I have the same N-Fab Podium steps. They are super sturdy and I use them every time I get into my truck. They are aluminum, and well built. I like them best because they are tight up to the cab helping that lifted look (instead of hanging down low and making a lifted truck look stock). I highly recommend them.

Reactions: Thinlizzyfan

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the same N-Fab Podium steps. They are super sturdy and I use them every time I get into my truck. They are aluminum, and well built. I like them best because they are tight up to the cab helping that lifted look (instead of hanging down low and making a lifted truck look stock). I highly recommend them.
I appreciate your input. I'll probably go this route. Am I correct in assuming yours was a direct bolt-up procedure-no drilling required?

·
Registered
2020 Tundra TRD Sport, Rough Country lift, N-Fab Podium Steps, Boss HTX-V Plow, Aries Switchback Rak
25 Posts
Correct. No drilling, in fact my truck had no running boards or bars on it when I bought it yet it had a set of bolts in the holes already. But the N-Fab steps came with all the hardware as well. Everything lined up for a 20 minute install.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Correct. No drilling, in fact my truck had no running boards or bars on it when I bought it yet it had a set of bolts in the holes already. But the N-Fab steps came with all the hardware as well. Everything lined up for a 20 minute install.
Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello
Probably not what you want to hear but AMP steps are the truth Yes expensive but nothing hanging and very clean I can send pic

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you mean the "powerstep", it looks like one more moving part to give trouble someday. I don't see anything wrong or esthetically displeasing with the standard step up bar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts