Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, yesterday I was driving to a little town here in AZ and there are some hills you have to go up to get there. While on the way down and braking, I noticed a wobble in the steering wheel and it felt like it was shaking the whole truck. So I chalked it up to a rough patch in the road. I thought to brake some more on a different section of road and it did it again. Going downhill I it did it every single time. Flat surfaces, its as smooth as can be. I thought I read somewhere on here that somebody had warped rotors and I thought that could be the problem, any thoughts? Oh it's a 2011 dblcab rw. Thanks guys

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
They could b slightly warped, since u were breaking downhill the breaks have to work harder to stop therefore projecting any imperfections. On level roads they r not compressing nearly as much. I felt the same thing coming back from the mountains where I live, it's a steep road to where u can get up to 75-80mph in neutral

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, is this covered under warranty, I only have like 24k miles?

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aww that blows!

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
Aww that blows!
Not really, if u haven't had a break job then what they will offer to do is cut the rotors, u can try to argue that cutting them will only put a bandaid on it. Then they will say well we can't replace em cause that's how long they last because of your driving, then u can argue back n they will too but depending how persistent u r n how much of their bs u can prove wrong u" might" b able to get new ones but it's a very small chance. So u have a few options, u can get slotted & cross drilled rotors for cheaper than new rotors at the dealer, u can deal with em til u need a brake job then have the pads replace n rotors cut but I recommend goin somewhere else cause the dealer will charge around $300. I have some brand new duralast rotor I can give u a little deal on if u want em. Either way good luck n let us know if need advice

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not really, if u haven't had a break job then what they will offer to do is cut the rotors, u can try to argue that cutting them will only put a bandaid on it. Then they will say well we can't replace em cause that's how long they last because of your driving, then u can argue back n they will too but depending how persistent u r n how much of their bs u can prove wrong u" might" b able to get new ones but it's a very small chance. So u have a few options, u can get slotted & cross drilled rotors for cheaper than new rotors at the dealer, u can deal with em til u need a brake job then have the pads replace n rotors cut but I recommend goin somewhere else cause the dealer will charge around $300. I have some brand new duralast rotor I can give u a little deal on if u want em. Either way good luck n let us know if need advice

Cool thank you, I'll keep you in mind. I'm gonna try and talk to my dealership and see what if anything can be worked out

Reactions: NIE_Cal

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
There is a TSB for updated backing plates that cool better, tell them you want those and request new rotors, they should take care of that

1 - 9 of 9 Posts