Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having trouble with vibration? Limited, 4x4, 18". Could this be tied to the bouncy, jittery ride? Dealer balanced the wheels twice. Most vibration at 65 to 70 mph. Any suggestions?

· Premium Member
872 Posts
Have 700 miles on mine, works great, only bouncy vibration i feel is from the crappy roads on the 101 freeway in so-cal at 65-70 but if the road is smooth, the truck is perfect. I have noticed most unloaded truck have vibration and bounciness from the rear on crappy highways.

· Registered
3 Posts
shimmy also between 62-68 mph

I also have the shimmy, 20 inch with Bridgestone tires,
I took it in on Saturday, Alexandria Toyota, They said that 3 of 4 tires were out of balance!
Guess what, I still have the shimmy, although not as bad as it was. But still far from acceptable!
Dropping it off again in the AM for another try!
I asked them to test drive but I don't think they did.
I feel like I bought a Dodge thus far, thats how they treat over there, make you come back 20 times for the same problem!

· Registered
23 Posts
I have a 2007 Tundra SR5, 5.7 V-8 Crewmax (2WD), 18 inch OEM wheels

and i have the same problem going on newer paved roads at 65-70 mph. It only happens on a stretch of highway going west,... its the newer type of concrete paving (and not of the usual black tar) used on most highways. Although that cement paving is newly laid, fresh and smoothe, i've always experienced vibrations, (not as obvious though) on EVERY car i've driven in the past 15 years or so. A 99 Dodge Caravan, an old 87 Isuzu PUP, i've always felt some kind of difference between the tar pavings that merge into the cement type paving. I've concluded with rmjdrift that perhaps an empty bed will make it bounce even more. Also, my truck is still new and is still in the process of being broken in. I'm hoping that time and or experimenting driving with my bed loaded, will draw the same conclusion, That its more the ROAD and NOT the truck itself. I'll report back when I do. Hope this helps. PS - She's SMOOTHE on tar highways at 65-70 mph.

· Registered
42 Posts
With the bigger tires and wheels on new trucks its a good idea to think about road force balancing. I started using road force on my Porsche's years ago and continue to use it on all my vehicles.

I have not had any problems with my Tundra, but have had many of my other vehicles with the same issues.

Road force balancing should isolate the issue and give you a much more defined balance for each corner of your truck. Good luck.

And yes, this would make your truck have a jittering ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.