Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Pioneer Avh-x5500bhs installed in my 2012 DC. My steering wheel controls adapter is flaky at best (PAC SWI-RC). Is there a better more solid solution out there? Not all the buttons work and the ones that do work only half the time.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
i have an older pioneer nav unit and i also tried the pac unit when i got my 12 crewmax and finally had steering wheel controls.after numerous attempts and numerous rechecking of wiring installation and still not being able to get it to work,i tossed it in the trash and got the metra box instead.wired it up and plugged it in and had it working in less than 5 minutes.it did change some of my steering wheel buttons around though,the phone connect/disconnect buttons let me scroll through my presets,and the voice activation button mutes the audio,which i am perfectly fine with.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have the SWI-RC in my Tundra with my 5500bhs and I got everything to work except the phone hang up button. No matter how many times I program it, that is the only button I can't get to work which is strange since the phone answer button works. All the rest of the buttons wrk as they should with quick response times. It's not a huge deal to me that the only button I have to reach over to the deck for is to hang up the phone but after seeing platinumb talk about the idatalink maestro, I'm looking into that. I also thought about doing the ASWC but I like the idea of being able to program the maestro by computer like my Logitech Harmony remotes.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I have the SWI-RC in my Tundra with my 5500bhs and I got everything to work except the phone hang up button. No matter how many times I program it, that is the only button I can't get to work which is strange since the phone answer button works. All the rest of the buttons wrk as they should with quick response times. It's not a huge deal to me that the only button I have to reach over to the deck for is to hang up the phone but after seeing platinumb talk about the idatalink maestro, I'm looking into that. I also thought about doing the ASWC but I like the idea of being able to program the maestro by computer like my Logitech Harmony remotes.
If your going to go through the effort of changing it get the maestro you will not be disappointed the programming is simple and there is zero lag time when you hit a button it responds instantly. Also you can program double functions for each button, push for function one and hold 3 sec for function two. Like preset up/seek up

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Just installed an 8500BHS with a PAC SWI-RC and it worked perfectly the 1st time out of the box. Did you use the right resistor? They are all different.

·
Registered
305 Posts
AXXESS ASWC works ok for my Kenwood DDX-896 for basic functions (Volume, track, source) but some functions do not work such as the on-hook, off-hook for the telephone and PTT (push to talk). Is rather cumbersome to customize the button functions as the instructions give you too many optional steps. Instructions failed to mention the need for a 10k ohm resistor for the programming portion as well.:confused:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Platinumb - I'm going to order this and want to get it right the 1st time. "iDatalink Maestro ADS-MSW" is what i need?
You should PM Platinumb for a price. He is a dealer for them. I did and he is shipping mine out tomorrow. I will have a PAC SWI-RC for sale cheap if anyboby is interested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts