Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had to drive through some rough shit today to work. Truck got caked in mud rims under and all. I was in 4x4 pulling a trailer.
Steering wheel was shaking really bad and the floor board had some vibrations.
it wasn't so bad that I couldn't keep control but it was flipping bad.
So I took it to a self service carwash and noticed mud caked everywhere and I mean on everything. I washed the crap out of the truck under neath front and back.
The vibration got a little bit better not as shitty. where it was driving me nuts but the sucker is still there. I also drove over my sunglasses so it has been a great night.
I noticed some of my wheel weights were gone on my front wheels. but it looks like it's been like that for a while.
16 Trd 4x4. 93k i have stock size bfg ko2s with 41k on them. I didnt have any vibrations driving the 160 miles up but comming home Ive got all of this going on. still have a 125k warranty but I probabaly should wash it a bit better before I try to do a warranty claim.
But wtf could it be? are wheels unbalanced that bad that's it causing all this shit?
I gotta start another project tomorrow at 6 am I really don't want to waste a day at the stealership. I'm covered in mud and really pissed so excuse my grammar and spelling. If only some duct tape and wd40 could fix this.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Drove around 150 miles today so far. I'm pulling the same trailer but with 4 32ft extension ladders, 2 little giants, and a step ladder. so not that much weight.
It looks like the major amount of mud and crap came off or I washed it off 30 dollars later and 2 trips to the carwash.
I've had very minimum vibrations now, so the truck should be good till I get it balanced Monday.

·
Registered
149 Posts
These rims on these trucks are very sensitive. I once had snow caked up in the rims when I drove through 10 inches of snow in a yard and the steering wheel was shaking badly. Removed all the caked up snow and no more shakey. You cold have lost a wheel balance in the mud.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
These rims on these trucks are very sensitive. I once had snow caked up in the rims when I drove through 10 inches of snow in a yard and the steering wheel was shaking badly. Removed all the caked up snow and no more shakey. You cold have lost a wheel balance in the mud.
I didn't have this issue in the winter time and I had a lot of snow cakes in my rims. I did have a wheel speed sensor issue though from that.
I lost half of my weights on both sides. It's gotten a lot better since I cleaned the wheels. It's very little and I know it's from the unbalanced wheels

Yep...badly unbalanced wheels, especially on larger tires, can create really bad vibration.
Yeah I can feel the unbalanced wheels. My tires are almost stock size but they do have 40k on them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.