Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't sure where to post, so mods feel free to move this if needed.

I just had the Zone 5 lift installed a week ago. The shop that did the install also did an alignment and everything looks good on paper. However, when I make sharp turns and approach or achieve full lock, the Tundra will not return to center. It will continue turning and it chirps the tires. It is worse when turning left.

I also noticed that from center, it's 1.75 turns to full lock left and only about 1.6ish full lock to right.

Anyone else experience this and/or know what to do to remedy this? I just dropped the truck off tonight to get some 35x12.5r18 Ridge Grapplers installed and I don't want to wear them out prematurely.

And lastly for now, the truck seems to track straight during normal driving and returns to center after lane changes, sweeping corners etc. But during braking it will sometimes pull to the left as well.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
I wasn't sure where to post, so mods feel free to move this if needed.

I just had the Zone 5 lift installed a week ago. The shop that did the install also did an alignment and everything looks good on paper. However, when I make sharp turns and approach or achieve full lock, the Tundra will not return to center. It will continue turning and it chirps the tires. It is worse when turning left.

I also noticed that from center, it's 1.75 turns to full lock left and only about 1.6ish full lock to right.

Anyone else experience this and/or know what to do to remedy this? I just dropped the truck off tonight to get some 35x12.5r18 Ridge Grapplers installed and I don't want to wear them out prematurely.

And lastly for now, the truck seems to track straight during normal driving and returns to center after lane changes, sweeping corners etc. But during braking it will sometimes pull to the left as well.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Stock wheels? Some photos would be helpful. You are obviously rubbing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stock tires, aftermarket wheels. 18x9 with +12 offset. 35x12.5 Nitro RGs going on today. I have/can take more pictures. Some of these are close to full lock but I didn't have a helper to hold the wheel. The GMC has 37s on a spacer lift for comparison.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts