Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First a little background: Installed Bilstein 5100's @ 2.56" and Camburg ball-joint UCA's followed by an alignment. I'm still running stock wheels and tires but now the steering feels "harder". At full lock, the wheels will not return to center. Here are some pics:

Left Turn (left/right)

Right Turn (right/left)

Does this look normal? I'm heading back to the alignment shop next week to have it checked. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Something looks crazy with those angles...I'm no front end man...but I'd say taking it back to the shop is the right step...I've never seen tires sit at angles like that when full cocked...perhaps your UCAs are allowing too much?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quick update: Went to the alignment shop yesterday afternoon. I don't have the specs but was told all the caster added by the Camburg UCA's has been taken out, which is still more caster than factory settings. The steering has definitely become lighter; however, it still wants to go to full lock in tight turns and there is evidence of wear on all four steering stops (see photo below). Any suggestions?

·
Registered
832 Posts
I don't think you needed those UCA's.

·
Registered
304 Posts
The Camburgs have a lot of Caster compensation built in and was primarilly designed to improve lifted rigs as the Tundra's run out of factory caster adjustment.

If you plan on lifting and adding wider tires, then keep the UCA's. If not, put the factory UCA's back on.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
yeah, you may have a seriously hard time keeping rubber on those steel belts...i imagine your tires are going to see some wear if things don't get fixed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts