Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Which service done wrong most likely caused a start hesitation?

• Spark Plugs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Injection System Flush

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Throttle Body Cleaning

Votes: 1 100.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After recent service my truck is intermittently having a hesitation to start. Looking for opinions on what the dealership likely screwed up?

At 192,000km I had dealership replace spark plugs per Toyota maintenance schedule. At same time, they recommended injection system flush & throttle body cleaning. I reluctantly let them do both, although that was probably an unnecessary waste of money.

So, which of those services is most likely to cause a hesitation when starting and what did they screw up?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd guess the injection cleaning and there's a small leak. Pump has to build pressure back up in order to start.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Thanks! If I understand correctly, they disconnect the fuels lines and turn off the fuel pump when performing the service. Can you advise on how to detect a small leak? I don’t know where to look for this?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would rule out spark plugs if engine revs up and idles normally. It could be either of the remaining two. I would take it back demanding a refund.
It does idle and rev normally.

I did take it back and they gave some stupid excuse about throttle body cleaning and supposedly reset the computer. It’s still happening…

They couldn’t even torque the lug nuts correctly, so I’m very concerned about the quality of work they did. Toyota dealership…

Reactions: RCLB Scogan

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Longshot, but have you checked your battery terminals?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Longshot, but have you checked your battery terminals?
Doesn’t seem to be a starter/electrical issue as the starter works immediately and has no trouble turning the motor over like normal. The starter is turning the motor over several extra counts before it fires is the issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts