Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I noticed that there has not been any activity on your vendor thread since May so hope you're still an active member here.

I am looking to upgrade my 2015 Tundra build with the Toytec BOSS suspension to something with a bit more performance for the kind of four wheeling I like to do; nothing overly technical but a lot more than taking a forest road. The Toytec BOSS system has been fine for the most part but does have its limitations. So been going back and forth with the usual ICON vs. FOX comparisons and thinking that the ICON Stage 4 is what I want/need.

Having said that, I have some questions for you:

1. On the ICON site, it mentions that the Stage 4 system is adjustable for 0-3 inches of height adjustment while on some other aftermarket sites I see claims of 0-3.5 inches of height adjustment; is that correct? I would like to dial in the adjustment at 3+ inches to affect maximum clearance (and hopefully still retain a decent ride) but want to make sure the system really provides up to 3.5 inches (if so, not sure why the ICON site doesn't list that).

2. I have read where folks are not happy with ride using the rear expansion pack, so do you recommend/offer another option for the rear? I am currently using Coachbuilder 3+ Rear Shackles with the factory leafs.

2. One issue I have is that the Fox systems are offered on a lot more aftermarket accessory sites than what I can find with ICON so there is quite the variation of pricing deals. With the Stage 4 in mind, does ICON offer a discount through this forum and/or direct me to a vendor that ICON works with for providing a discount?

I have always had ICON systems on my shortlist of aftermarket suspensions since the early years so would be cool to finally pull the trigger on one of my builds!

Thanks!

Paul

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any update on your question?
Absolutely none. I even tried calling directly and never got a response so I went with the King OE Performance Adjustable Suspension with Total Chaos UCAs instead. Very happy with my ultimate selection.

Ran into same nonresponsive issues once before on another build, so I guess I am not meant to run ICONs...lol. Their loss of business. :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
I haven't gotten responses either. Tried email and Facebook. They saw the message and never responded. Guess I'll go with someone who has better customer support

·
Registered
2 Posts
Deseret Dawg, I wrote this THEN saw you post of you selection, but here it is anyways for people following??

I have been running ICONs 2.5 C/O (adjusted ~ 3 inches), ICON UCAs, on 295/70r18s, and a 1in block in rear for over a year now.

I just installed the ICON AAL 3 pack to replace the 1 inch block. It has been 3 weeks and I should have gone with the Pack from day 1! IMO, they are much more responsive and ultimately complement the stiffened ride up front. BUT I did get just under 2 inches of lift from them (1 7/8"). (Possibly b/c I have a DC?? or they may settle after some use).

Did you get the King system with ToyTech 3 AAL pack?? How do you like those?
Patrick

Attachments

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Deseret Dawg, I wrote this THEN saw you post of you selection, but here it is anyways for people following??

I have been running ICONs 2.5 C/O (adjusted ~ 3 inches), ICON UCAs, on 295/70r18s, and a 1in block in rear for over a year now.

I just installed the ICON AAL 3 pack to replace the 1 inch block. It has been 3 weeks and I should have gone with the Pack from day 1! IMO, they are much more responsive and ultimately complement the stiffened ride up front. BUT I did get just under 2 inches of lift from them (1 7/8"). (Possibly b/c I have a DC?? or they may settle after some use).

Did you get the King system with ToyTech 3 AAL pack?? How do you like those?
Patrick
Thanks Krom; originally was I hoping to go with the ICON AAL too but since I never received any responses, I kind of wrote off anything with ICON especially since this was my second build attempt to go with them (I was trying to go ICON with my 2013 F150 ECO FX4 build but ran into the same nonresponisve issue on technical questions while Fox was all over it...so I ended up with Fox system using ICON UCAs). But my current setup with the Coachbuilder +3 extended shackles and ReadyLift 1-inch rear lift block is less than ideal.

I am really glad to hear that ICON AAL 3 pack is working out good. My front lift is currently at 3.5-inches and I may dial a tad more lift lift in (I max out at 4-inches with the Kings) so I am going to have to do better with the rear. Thanks for the great input!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks Krom; originally was I hoping to go with the ICON AAL too but since I never received any responses, I kind of wrote off anything with ICON especially since this was my second build attempt to go with them (I was trying to go ICON with my 2013 F150 ECO FX4 build but ran into the same nonresponisve issue on technical questions while Fox was all over it...so I ended up with Fox system using ICON UCAs). But my current setup with the Coachbuilder +3 extended shackles and ReadyLift 1-inch rear lift block is less than ideal.

I am really glad to hear that ICON AAL 3 pack is working out good. My front lift is currently at 3.5-inches and I may dial a tad more lift lift in (I max out at 4-inches with the Kings) so I am going to have to do better with the rear. Thanks for the great input!
Why not try the Deaver F85 3leaf mini pack then?

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why not try the Deaver F85 3leaf mini pack then?
Thanks, I did see those but haven't had time to call Deaver yet to ask if the pack will work well with the Coachbuilder 3+ shackles or maybe better paired with the K37s.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts