Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 and am trying to get the red srs light/symbol to turn off.
Any suggestions? I have already replaced the clock spring electrical piece in the steering wheel as suggested by the guys at AutoZone and uTube videos.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have a 2002 and am trying to get the red srs light/symbol to turn off.
Any suggestions? I have already replaced the clock spring electrical piece in the steering wheel as suggested by the guys at AutoZone and uTube videos.
You need to get the DTC from the SRS system. Get someone with a code reader that can access the SRS module (basic ones cannot) or there is a method to read it by counting the number of times light flashes. A little complicated - ask the google.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had the same thing happen while installing Beatsonic mirroring kit. I thought I’d accidentally pulled a wire loose. Found this on line and it worked.

·
Registered
107 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks for the info on solving this problem, First what is DTA ? And No the battery wasn't hookedup when removing the airbag,so I'll go and look at the YouTube videos to try and figure my problem again thanks everyone.

·
Registered
107 Posts
DTC = Diagnostic Trouble Code....

·
Registered
107 Posts
So Google that DTC after I figure out the code? To see what is the problem.
Yes....or ask on this forum. Grasshopper, the DTC is not the solution, it is the place to start the search for the answer.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts