Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know off hand what the TRD package adds, besides different wheels, and possibly shocks? I'm looking at a couple different Tundra CM, one of them has the trd package and obviously has a little more aggressive stance because of the shocks. My question is...is it worth the price? If you own a tundra what made you go with the TRD package or just the SR5?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Me neighbor bought one and only diff was wheels and graphics it didn't add shocks or anything agressive sits just like mine. I think only trd pro changes shocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is listed for the 2018s..

TRD Off-Road Package — Upgrades standard wheels to 18-in. split 5-spoke TRD Off-Road Package alloy wheels with black accents and all-terrain P275/65R18 tires; includes trail-tuned Bilstein® shock absorbers, engine skid plate, fuel tank skid plate, front tow hooks27 (on 4x2 models; standard on all 4x4 models), LED headlights and LED fog lights (SR5 models only), TRD Off-Road floor mats42 (SR5 and Limited models only), and bedside TRD Off-Road decal
From: https://www.toyota.com/tundra/features/packages/8240/8252/8275

I got a 2016 SR5 TRD Off-Road and I believe most of that is true for the 2016s, except mine didn't come with the floor mats or the LED headlight and fog lights.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I compared the SR5 and TRD SR5 for a 2018 CM. I ended up going with the SR5. After test driving both of them, I personally preferred the ride of the SR5, it wasn't as stiff as the TRD.

With the SR5, I did go with the Upgrade package which gives you the center console and the larger gas tank. I also added the BSM package.

Good luck with your decision!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Don't forget the TRD option also gives you a larger fuel tank.

Actually, the SR5 Upgrade Pkg is what gives you the larger tank, bucket seats, center console, tilt wheel and alarm

TRD Offroad gives you wheels, skids, LED lights etc (as listed above)

Convenience Pkg gives you:
COLOR MATCH Rear Bumper, sonar parking assist, blind spot monitor and cross traffic alert

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
The TRD package adds Bilstein shocks. I drove both the standard SR5 4x4 and the SR5 4x4 TRD, and liked the more firm and planted ride feel that the TRD offered.
Rear sway bar. You don't need a fancy trim package to get a planted ride feel. For $200 get a TRD rear sway bar and install it yourself. Easy to do. I know I leave people behind me speechless when I leave them behind on the interstate cloverleaf on ramp. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.