Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looked at a few threads on this, but didn't see if they were experiencing this when turning both ways or just one direction.

the noise comes when turning left and the steering wheel is about 10 o clock, when going farther it stops. does not do it when turning right. can't quite tell if it is coming from the front or the rear. almost sounds like a squirrel or chipmunk noise if that makes any sense.

have a 3/1 RL with 20x9 wheels. saw this could be a bearing/backspacing issue. had a garage look at it and he said the bearings looked good when he removed them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have the same issue as well, on left turns, like really wide U-turns is when mine does it. I thought it sounded like the front rotor backing plates were rubbing the rotors. At first it only sounded like the driver side, so I went under the truck and pulled the backing plate away from the rotor. Seemed like it went away but it recently started happening again. Now it sounds like it's coming from the right front wheel. When it cools down I'm going to try pulling the right front backing plate back...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
let me know what you find out. hoping to resolve this issue quickly so it doesn't let me sit on the side of the road one day

1 - 3 of 3 Posts