Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HI guys. I just recently bought a 15' MGM DC Tundra. Love the truck. I bought the Spyder headlights and installed the electronic headlight level from the stock ones. My issue is the driver headlight on the spyder the projector was completely off to the side unlike the passenger one. i tried adjusting it by turning one of the level bolts and now the up and down doesn't move as fluid as the passenger headlight. Maybe i tighten it too much but the circle projector was now even centered like the passenger one. Did I get a defective headlight. I can try to post some pics tomorrow but it's difficult to see how off it is.

·
Registered
71 Posts
curious how you were able to remove the motors from the factory headlights??

Pop your headlights outs, the nylon bolt on the outside of your leveling motor will loosen out, then just twist it and unthread the bolt all the way. Impact driver with low power will have the bolt out quick. Very fine thread though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
Check to see if the bulb is fully seated. I had a pair of spyder headlights on my 2010 and the left side bulb was very loose and made the cutoff horrible. Those little H1 bulbs they come with are very flimsy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a set of Spyder U-Bar lights that I just installed, however, I'm having trouble locating the wire (there are 3) on my turn signal connector that is the DRL wire. I want to connect the U-bar's into the DRL so they stay lit. Can anyone help me with this?

I have a red and black wire on the Spyder lights, and then the connector for the blinker/DRL has a Purple, White with Black stripe and then a Red wire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.