Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm looking for a wider stance on my truck to go along with the level I'm going to buy (6112/5100).

I have stock 17" TRD wheels on my 2013 DC Rock Warrior.

Can I use the 1.25" Spidertrax spacers on the stock TRD wheels? Is the amount they will stick out 1.25"?

Specifically, these: WHS023 Spidertrax Toyota 5 on 150mm x 1-1/4" Thick Wheel Spacer Kit (Pair)

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Yea you can. I️ ran those same exact spacers in Trd wheels for 60k miles with no problems. Makes the truck look much better. If you have larger tires a though it will cause more rubbing. May have to pull back some of the plastic behind the fog light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

I can only find the 1.25" online. I'd rather get smaller ones, but I wonder if the lug nut bolts/pegs on the hubs would stick out past the spacer?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I believe that's the smallest they can make them because the lugs would stick out past the face of the spacer and hit the wheel other wise.

Have SpyderTrax on a few trucks. Never had balance problems with them (have with cheaper brands) and they make the trucks look way better.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
332 Posts
You absolutely can. I'm running the 1.25" spacers with TRD wheels and it has the perfect amount of poke, in my opinion. CHeck out my build page for a bunch of pics.

·
Registered
2015 Toyota Tundra SR5 S/C
56 Posts
I dont know if it was just a fluke, but i ran 1.25 spacers on my 07 CM and went through 4 sets of front wheel bearings in about 15k miles. I have also heard from different friends and shops. mainly Trick trucks and 2 other fab shops i hang out at that any spacer above .75 will put to much of a strain on the front assembly.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I dont know if it was just a fluke, but i ran 1.25 spacers on my 07 CM and went through 4 sets of front wheel bearings in about 15k miles. I have also heard from different friends and shops. mainly Trick trucks and 2 other fab shops i hang out at that any spacer above .75 will put to much of a strain on the front assembly.
What brand spacers? Were they hub centric? Wheel centric?

After the second set of wheel bearings, didn't any alarm bells start ringing?

·
Registered
2015 Toyota Tundra SR5 S/C
56 Posts
What brand spacers? Were they hub centric? Wheel centric?

After the second set of wheel bearings, didn't any alarm bells start ringing?
They were Rugged Ridge hub-centric spacers. and after the first set we started trying to figure out what was wrong. Didn't actually figure it out 100% but that was our only guess. once the 4th set went on i traded it in on a new tundra so i didn't have to worry about it anymore

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.