Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the correct section...but I'll give it a shot on here...I added new wheels and tires...and now my speedometer is showing off around 2mph @60 which is approx 2-2.5%....so when I'm going 60 on my speedometer..my scan gauge is showing 58. Looking for professional advice or personal experience...should I look into recalibrating it to make it correct? Also, could this be affecting my shift points or mpg any? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
510 Posts

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
I also need to do this, does it require pulling dash apart? Or is it just a simple plug in?

·
I Kick Hippies
1,263 Posts
Need to pull the instrument cluster out to get to the right harness. Sounds tougher than it is, not a hard job.

·
Registered
666 Posts
also leave the usb cable plugged in to the module and route the cable down for easy access so you won't have to pull out the instrument cluster again in case you change tire size again or need to recalibrate it because you got caught speeding with hefty fine and you can just prove to the judge that your speeddometer was not functional at the time.. :D

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Mine was 1-2mph off too, personally I don't think it is worth the cost...and I did not notcice the shifting being any different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts