Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Trans-Immigrant
15,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wheeling and off roading for several years now and have seen some beautiful places. But this trip was next level. Pictures and words do it no justice. It was epic.

We started Thursday afternoon and headed out of Bakersfield towards Breckenridge.

The drive there was gorgeous.

Friday we drove to Monache Meadows with a breath taking view of Monache mountain

Monache mountain

@osidepunker having some fun
https://vimeo.com/228591089

Myself and Zack

https://vimeo.com/228591266

I BBQd some chicken for the kids and Porter house Ribeyes for the adults

My wife made wild rice

Kids had fun fishing

Saturday we did a 5.8 mile gruesome hike at salmon Creek falls

And we camped near horse Meadows.

The beautiful sound of the running water in the creek made the whiskey taste that much better

Hands down the best trip.

My rig covered in mud

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
So much fun! Sequoia is huge. There is so much to see and explore. We'll be back for sure. And we'll do an even longer hike next time >:D

Attachments

·
Registered
583 Posts
@Dragos28 How do you like that RTT - Tepui it looks like? I'm in the market for one- but will have to constantly take it off/put it on when I wanna use it. I was considering getting some extra towers and cross bars for my rack to leave permanently attached to the tent base so I with another could lift it off/on the tracks a bit more easily (so I think...)

looks like an awesome trip, and with whiskey, epic even.

·
Trans-Immigrant
15,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@nibbs the tepui is really a great tent. and the customer service is just as good.
i guess it depends on your needs, but there are smaller ones, but since its my two kids, wife and myself, i went with the biggest. its a bit heavy but not impossible to put on and off by myself.
i dont have a garage, but i do have a big ass John Deere tractor, so i use that to put it on and off.
others rig up some pulleys in their garage and just lift it off and store it like that. i would if i had a garage.

·
Registered
583 Posts
@nibbs the tepui is really a great tent. and the customer service is just as good.
i guess it depends on your needs, but there are smaller ones, but since its my two kids, wife and myself, i went with the biggest. its a bit heavy but not impossible to put on and off by myself.
i dont have a garage, but i do have a big ass John Deere tractor, so i use that to put it on and off.
others rig up some pulleys in their garage and just lift it off and store it like that. i would if i had a garage.

Same exact boat, except with a garage that is too short to even fit the truck with the cross bars on in. I was thinking of a pulley system in my shed so at least it's stored off the ground. I was looking at the larger ones too with 2 kids and the missus as well.

Thanks for the insight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts