Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local dealer told me they are unable to order a Lunar Rock Double-cab Pro !?
Yet i’ve seen countless youtube videos of them while researching the truck. I know they do have to be special ordered I found one for sale at a dealer in NC and the sales manager showed me a bogus paper telling me that exact truck was a “one off” I felt like saying so you’re telling me everyone on youtube is sharing 1 truck! I did say ive seen numerous ones online and he told me “ya cant believe everything you see on the internet” I laughed and walked out!

· Registered
1 Posts
My local dealer told me they are unable to order a Lunar Rock Double-cab Pro !?
Yet i’ve seen countless youtube videos of them while researching the truck. I know they do have to be special ordered I found one for sale at a dealer in NC and the sales manager showed me a bogus paper telling me that exact truck was a “one off” I felt like saying so you’re telling me everyone on youtube is sharing 1 truck! I did say ive seen numerous ones online and he told me “ya cant believe everything you see on the internet” I laughed and walked out!
There were several Lunar Rock TRD Pro's on lots in the US a couple weeks ago. If I recall correctly I found one in the San Diego area, in AZ, and in PA. It's a pain to find them but I used Google Maps to find dealers, linked to their sites, and checked their inventory. Most of them seem to get sold upon "allocation" to the dealer. Most dealers are marking up the T-Pro's by $5-10K over sticker which is ludicrous. Market analysis suggests the T-Pros are going for about $1500-2000 over MSRP during COVID-19 effects on the market. That's about what I paid a week ago. I bought a Super White. The Lunar Rock is beautiful, but analyze for yourself if it's a fad color or not...and if you're okay with that. Remember the Nissan yellow? How about Scion green? And that forest green on the Bowtie's in the muscle car era? Voodoo Blue died before it got traction. Sand is slipping in popularity and it was my favorite color upon arrival. Cement is still pretty strong...that was the color of my last Tundra. Maybe should've kept it. Do yourself a favor and let the market normalize after COVID-19 settles down and the supply chain is restored. By then you might even get a 2022...4th Gen Tundra on that horizon is what we're hearing. I would've waited but I'm not sure I like what I've seen so far and I love the familiar feel of the 2021 3rd Gen T-Pro! Hope this helps. 😁

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There were several Lunar Rock TRD Pro's on lots in the US a couple weeks ago. If I recall correctly I found one in the San Diego area, in AZ, and in PA. It's a pain to find them but I used Google Maps to find dealers, linked to their sites, and checked their inventory. Most of them seem to get sold upon "allocation" to the dealer. Most dealers are marking up the T-Pro's by $5-10K over sticker which is ludicrous. Market analysis suggests the T-Pros are going for about $1500-2000 over MSRP during COVID-19 effects on the market. That's about what I paid a week ago. I bought a Super White. The Lunar Rock is beautiful, but analyze for yourself if it's a fad color or not...and if you're okay with that. Remember the Nissan yellow? How about Scion green? And that forest green on the Bowtie's in the muscle car era? Voodoo Blue died before it got traction. Sand is slipping in popularity and it was my favorite color upon arrival. Cement is still pretty strong...that was the color of my last Tundra. Maybe should've kept it. Do yourself a favor and let the market normalize after COVID-19 settles down and the supply chain is restored. By then you might even get a 2022...4th Gen Tundra on that horizon is what we're hearing. I would've waited but I'm not sure I like what I've seen so far and I love the familiar feel of the 2021 3rd Gen T-Pro! Hope this helps. 😁
Im Tripping over tons and tons of over priced CREWMAX trd pros, i need a 6 foot bed i have a cement 2018 tacoma, Grey is my color im not gonna pay $50k for a truck for the dealers color they want to sell me, my point was they told me to come in they were able to go over the option list and order it as i wanted it.. The msrp on the Doublecab is a few grand cheaper than of a crewmax not having a sunroof nor full rear sliding/dropping window. Anyone with experience buying new vehicles knows best time to buy is month, and year end especially, They offered me a white doublecab for msrp if they couldve ordered it lunar rock doublecab for msrp lastnight i wouldnt have even joined this forum LOL Anyone with experience SPECIAL ORDERING TRD PROS?! ???

· Registered
14,311 Posts
I have not had to order Pro, but had to order my Platinum. It was a lengthy process that took several months. Pretty much the dealership has to have an allocation for the truck you want. Meaning, they have to have an allocation for a Pro. In my case my dealership didn't have an allocation for a Plat, they kept trying to get one from another state, but I wasn't cool with that idea, especially as the other state had a front plate bracket already mounted.

Call a few dealers, you should be able to get one, in theory. Then again, the color might cause more of an issue if it is limited availability on a truck that is already limited in numbers.

Reactions: mattheebz44

· Registered
8 Posts
I ordered my Army Green Pro.. but I ordered it before they were released and was able to pick options I wanted at that time... Once the truck hit port I was not able to make any changes unless my dealer would have to add the changes once the truck arrived... I believe I ordered in April and got it in Oct

The way mine worked and could be the reason your having problems... my dealer was allocated a green trd pro sequoia at the time I ordered mine.. I put $1000 down. they looked in the system to see who was allocated a green pro tundra and traded allocations with them... once that was confirmed, I was able to pick accessories...

I believe at this point with supply/demand they are already allocated out and prob spoken for due to the low supply... double cab pros seem to be rare in army green too so I would assume the same for lunar... Good luck in your search.

Milton Martin in GA was who ordered mine. They know the process so you may try and see if they can look for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

· Registered
3 Posts
I just ordered a Lunar Rock Pro and 1/2/21. I was told 12-16weeks, paid in the mid 50's. I had been looking all over country for a while to see what prices were. A couple of places were selling them near 70, mid 60's. So I'm confident that I had gotten a great deal. I live in the Northeast..... Nothing was said to me about a special allotment for that color. They did mention however that they had 3 or 4 coming in that weren't Lunar , so not sure if it's something they worked out behind the scenes...

· Registered
9 Posts
I just ordered a Lunar Rock Pro and 1/2/21. I was told 12-16weeks, paid in the mid 50's. I had been looking all over country for a while to see what prices were. A couple of places were selling them near 70, mid 60's. So I'm confident that I had gotten a great deal. I live in the Northeast..... Nothing was said to me about a special allotment for that color. They did mention however that they had 3 or 4 coming in that weren't Lunar , so not sure if it's something they worked out behind the scenes...
I'm located just north of Boston and trying to order a Tundra Pro crewmax in lunar rock. I just had a misrable experience with a dealer today and ended up walking out since they were clearly trying to screw me. Would you mind sharing which dealer you successfully ordered your truck from?
Thanks and congrats!

· Registered
9 Posts
I live n Syracuse. I’ve been dealing with the same dealership for years. Burdick Toyota in N. Syracuse. Ask for Pat S.
Nice thanks for the info. I went to a different dealer today and had a great experience. Placed the order for the lunar rock. Paid mid 50's also. They told me 90 days, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a bit longer. Hopefully, you get yours within the estimated time!

· Registered
3 Posts
Nice thanks for the info. I went to a different dealer today and had a great experience. Placed the order for the lunar rock. Paid mid 50's also. They told me 90 days, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a bit longer. Hopefully, you get yours within the estimated time!
Congratulations!!!!! Just heard last week that they start production on mine last week of February.... Enjoy!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.