Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 05 DC with the JBL stock system, whats is some good component replacements that won't break the bank? I'm just looking to replace the fronts for now because driver side speaker is blown! Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Honestly,

Pioneer D series are great for the price.

Mine are a little bright in the front (components, tweet in dash, bouncing off windshield...) but for the price they are great. Had a buddy in my truck that had a jl hd900/5 and c5's front and rear get in my truck and he actually was shocked at how good they sounded, better mid in comparison to his truck, however the highs are too high. I need a different processor or a different head unit.

Killer treble in my set-up.

BTW, D series can be had for less than 80 bucks online. Second best speakers that Pioneer makes. Pioneer was a speaker company before they became a head unit company. Only pioneer speakers I would buy imo.

Reactions: DWC3

·
Registered
164 Posts
Many people on TT have said good things about the Polk Audio components db6501's which are now ~1/2 price on amazon:

And coax's for the rear doors.....
you can go with the slim mounts:
or you can get the 5-1/4":

Crutchfield has the adaptor packages for what they say is a simple install.

Reactions: DWC3

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ten 4! Thanks fellas for you input I really appreciate it. I will check out both of these options..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts