Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I want to keep my stock HU for now. I am putting in a amp for two 10" subs and want to use a high level to low level convertor for now.

I found this image online. I plan to tie into the rear door speakers. Does anyone know approx. where the colors of the wires change? I am thinking I will trace the wires out the door speakers into the rear pillars. Will they still be white/red at that location?

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I don't know where the color changes or what color, but couldnt you just tap into any of the speakers right behind the HU, add a LOC and also draw your remote wire at the same time. That way you can run your RCA's, Power & Remote wire all together.
I think this would be easier

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't want to remove the head unit, this heat wave sucks lol.

I previously ran the other wires (power/remote) to the back of the truck. I was going to change out the head unit but decided to stay stock for now.

I found the wires in the middle pillar. On the left side they are yellow/black and easy to identify because they are the only twisted pair. On the right side, they are red/white and again, the only twisted pair in the loom. Tied in there, connected my LOC and AMP and wa la. Sounds so much better.

I have a new problem now. Everything rattles LMAO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts