Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you with bigger tires than came stock, what are you using for a spare tire/wheel? Did you get a 5 wheel set, or are you using a cheap steel wheel, no spare, etc...

Will a 295/70R18 tire fit where the stock spare tire is?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I thought i heard it would fit, never have tried myself though

·
Registered
731 Posts
Was just going to ask the same thing... I ditched the spare on my Tacoma cause it was useless plus I had AAA if I really needed.

What are y'all doing though?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm waiting for my wheels, tires, and lift to come in. I ordered 6 wheels and tires to have two spares. 35's won't fit under the bed, so I'm putting both of them in the bed. They'll be tied off, standing up, one in each front corner. Eventually I'll have some bed rails fabbed up for a better place to strap them to, but the bed itself will do for now.

·
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,742 Posts
I had a roofing nail in my OEM tire so the roofing company offered to pay for a new tire. I took the spare tire off and put it on the OEM wheel. Then I had the roofing company buy me a 33" Goodyear AT spare. I think you can squeeze a 35" tire under there.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Maybe. Someone on here said a 33 would fit, but a 35 wouldn't without some trimming or adjustments somewhere. I'll have two, anyway, so I'm not worried about it.

·
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,742 Posts
Most 35" tires are not true 35s. I have a 33" tire in there. I assure you it fits. A 34" should fit. I believe a nominal 35" will fit.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
No spare here. I like to live on the wild side. Plus my exhaust would be in the way. I even unbolted the holder it's sitting in my garage.

·
Registered
45 Posts
For those of you with bigger tires than came stock, what are you using for a spare tire/wheel? Did you get a 5 wheel set, or are you using a cheap steel wheel, no spare, etc...

Will a 295/70R18 tire fit where the stock spare tire is?
I have 35" Toyo Open country MT's. I had this same exact question right before installing them. I got a 35" BFG MT (that I got barely used and for a killer price from a friend) to work on the stock steel spare wheel. I have aftermarket wheels so I have to keep a set of stock lugs in the truck in case I ever need to use that spare. I was able to get that back on the truck spare wheel mount no problem. I have an aftermarket exhaust and had enough forethought to have them mount the pipes after I already had that huge ass spare tire under there. Everything works awesome... No issues at all!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
292 Posts
My 35"ish BFG AT on my aftmrkt wheel fits in there. It does touch now that I have the Gibson exhaust on it, but I fab up a spacer to get from touching.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts