Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have my Cooper STT Pro tires sitting in my garage (305/70/18). I been waiting for my stock tires to wear down. Now im at 3/32 of an inch on my stock tires and gonna install the Pros. These tires are a true 35". Should I use wheel a 1.25" wheel spacer to change my stock offset from +60 to +30 to help with possible rubbing? BTW 295/70/18 is on national backorder so I just went with the 35s.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I think I would it will give the truck a nice stance too! I'm also thinking of picking up a set of spacers

·
Registered
54 Posts
Last month I swapped my stock tires, 265/55/20, for 285/55/20 and did 5100's all around. I did not add the shackles though. The tires still looked small to me so I put on 305/55/20's on. The shop installed them, and there was only about 2mm of clearance between the tire and the UCA. Too close for comfort. I drove it home that day and when they turned the wheel full right and left there wasn't any rubbing. I did hear some rubbing though after I left and was turning into a parking spot and hitting the breaks at the same time. So I definitely need wheels spacers. Luckily I didn't drive it that much that day and I've been out of town since. Hope to get spacers this weekend and put them on.

With 305's, you'll definitely need spacers.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last month I swapped my stock tires, 265/55/20, for 285/55/20 and did 5100's all around. I did not add the shackles though. The tires still looked small to me so I put on 305/55/20's on. The shop installed them, and there was only about 2mm of clearance between the tire and the UCA. Too close for comfort. I drove it home that day and when they turned the wheel full right and left there wasn't any rubbing. I did hear some rubbing though after I left and was turning into a parking spot and hitting the breaks at the same time. So I definitely need wheels spacers. Luckily I didn't drive it that much that day and I've been out of town since. Hope to get spacers this weekend and put them on.

With 305's, you'll definitely need spacers.
Thanks for your input. 2mm is way too close! Im sure I would be somewhere around there so I will definitely get some wheel spacers.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you ordered your 305's on or around January 12th, you missed the 295/70's coming back in stock by a day. I spotted them on TreadDepot.com on the 13th I believe and I purchased my STT's on the 15th.

I'd be a little leary running that 12.5 wide tire on a stock width wheel but if you do, I think a spacer will be necessary. I'm going to be mounting mine on some Method NV's that are +25 so I'm being more conservative than you x2. Hope it works out. The STT's look awesome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts