Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any idea how much sound deadener to do complete interior of 2016 CrewMax with sunroof?
I was thinking maybe doing it sections as budget allowed.
Doors, inner and outer.
Floor and rear wall.
Roof.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think you would do well to do it in sections, unless you completely remove seats carpet console, etc. and start form scratch. It comes down to measuring and adding up your square footage. A package will state the amount of material. I did a 1979 corvette interior. I used NOICO foil backed sound deadener first and topped that will closed cell foam made for that purpose. Makes a big difference. Check online for what other people do. I got my ideas from a corvette forum.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been poking around forums reading. I read someone used roughly 55 sq/Ft for doors, inner and outer. I measured floor and figured roughly 45 sq/Ft. Rear wall maybe 15-20 sq/Ft and maybe 30 for roof. I just wanted to do a bulk order and have it all at once. But yes I was thinking the same, sections. Worth doing in your Vette?
Thanks
Sean

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you would do well to do it in sections, unless you completely remove seats carpet console, etc. and start form scratch. It comes down to measuring and adding up your square footage. A package will state the amount of material. I did a 1979 corvette interior. I used NOICO foil backed sound deadener first and topped that will closed cell foam made for that purpose. Makes a big difference. Check online for what other people do. I got my ideas from a corvette forum.
Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts