Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm 20 years old and live in San Luis Obispo California. The tundra is going to be my dad's but hes technologically handicapped so I'm here to research it and help him make the best decisions when it comes to his new truck.

First question+backstory: We just walked out on a 2012 SR5 TRD Tundra Crewmax 5.7 V8 2wd with 200 miles(toyota called it used). We are preapproved for 30k and wanted the truck for 33k. The people wouldn't let it go for less than $34,700. Did we lose a deal?

What we want:
2010+ Crewmax
<30,000 Miles
4.7 V8 2wd
SR5 (limited or TRD would be bonuses)
in the $30k ballpark
Is this reasonable? What price should we expect? Should we consider new?

Sorry If i posted this in the wrong section

·
Registered
738 Posts
Was the price 33k out the door? If so not a terrible price. I purchased a 2013 Crewmax RW brand new in Sacramento CA for 37,500 after 1k rebate and 0%. Tax, title, and license on top of that. Invoice was just under 41k. MSRP was 42,912. You'll find that used Tundras cost nearly as much as new. Even though they're calling it used its pretty much new. I would keep pressing for theb30k on that truck cuz it's only 2wd. That saves you about 3k right there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was the price 33k out the door? If so not a terrible price. I purchased a 2013 Crewmax RW brand new in Sacramento CA for 37,500 after 1k rebate and 0%. Tax, title, and license on top of that. Invoice was just under 41k. MSRP was 42,912. You'll find that used Tundras cost nearly as much as new. Even though they're calling it used its pretty much new. I would keep pressing for theb30k on that truck cuz it's only 2wd. That saves you about 3k right there.
33k plus tax and everything else. since its used we dont get rebates or 0%. we still got 1.9% from our credit union and the limited warranty since its barely used. so 33k=good but push for 30k? we were in fierce negotiations and they would not budge much more than $100 every time.

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
Stick to your price. I bet they will come around.

You got several advantages. The 4.6 is not as desireable as the 5.7. The truck is 2 wheel drive, everyone wants a 4 x 4. The truck is a '12. Its been sitting around looking for a new owner. Those things will help you.

Is the deal totally dead? I'm glad you didn't cave when they tried to get another 1.5k out of you.

Do you know how long the truck has been on the lot?

I bet you get calls. Keep waiting them out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stick to your price. I bet they will come around.

You got several advantages. The 4.6 is not as desireable as the 5.7. The truck is 2 wheel drive, everyone wants a 4 x 4. The truck is a '12. Its been sitting around looking for a new owner. Those things will help you.

Is the deal totally dead? I'm glad you didn't cave when they tried to get another 1.5k out of you.

Do you know how long the truck has been on the lot?

I bet you get calls. Keep waiting them out.
The deal is not totally dead. I'm sure we can go in and keep trying.
Also I think the truck was a display model that accumulated miles until it was considered used and it just didn't sell for whatever reason.
I'll try to bring the 4x4 vs 2wd up next time. Also that it has been sitting for a while and they need to move it.
Would the fact that the 2014 remodel being right around the corner be of much help to my fight? I think it would

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just keep searching, I looked for almost 2 months and found just what I wanted and even saved some money. If you find a goo deal and miss it just wait something else will pop up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After doing a bit of research I'm going to try to convince them to get the new 2014 Tundra since it comes out in september

1 - 7 of 7 Posts