Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2018 TRD Sport Crewmax 4x4
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought my TRD sport brand new in 2018 for $43,000 out the door (including tax, title, registration). Sold it yesterday with 21,000 miles for $46,400!

gotta love how Toyota’s just don’t lose value. In all fairness, the used vehicle market is white hot right now, but still. A capital gain on a vehicle sale? Unheard of.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing. Going to wait til next year when the market cools down, then just rebuy the same truck but 2021/2022

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Admittedly, I’m not excited about a turbo V6 though….my biggest regret selling the tundra was that I may never own a V8 tundra again :(

·
Registered
890 Posts
I feel the same, love my 5.7 but the v6 is supposed to be reliable and have more power/torque. I can't wait to check it out.

·
Registered
890 Posts
The specs for the new land cruiser sound good 'would like to see the diesel option in a tundra...

While we wait to see what Toyota does with this new model on our shores, we can dive into the specs. It weighs a claimed 440 pounds less than its predecessor and uses two new engines: a gasoline twin-turbo 3.5-liter V6 with 409 horsepower and 479 pound-feet of torque or a turbodiesel twin-turbo 3.3-liter V6 with 304 hp and 516 pound-feet of torque. A 10-speed automatic transmission and—naturally—four-wheel drive are standard across the board.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bone stock, but it did have a tonneau cover

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now if they end up dropping a diesel in it then my dream would come true! I wanted the rumored diesel when I bought the truck in 2018, but once I saw they stuffed it in the titan I gave up hope. Where did you hear about the diesel?

·
Registered
890 Posts
That was an article I read on the new Land cruiser. It gave the specs on the twin turbo v6 I assume the new Tundra will have and stated that the Land cruiser would have the diesel option over seas but not for sale in the states. Guess we can't have anything cool...

·
Registered
890 Posts
The diesel sounds weak on hp but the torque spec sounds pretty good

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wouldn’t count on the market cooling down for at least 2 years. The chip shortage is only getting worse and it will be at least a couple of years before it’s no longer an issue.

·
Registered
13,849 Posts
I thought about trading in my 2017 Plat, had a value of 52k after typing everything in while I was bored one night, then started getting offers from various companies the next day.

But I can't say I need a new truck, or like the 21's more than my current truck, which is paid off. Plus I have modded my truck.

·
Registered
2016 Platinum CM 4x4 in Silver Sky Metallic
29 Posts
I thought about trading in my 2017 Plat, had a value of 52k after typing everything in while I was bored one night, then started getting offers from various companies the next day.

But I can't say I need a new truck, or like the 21's more than my current truck, which is paid off. Plus I have modded my truck.

Agree, I am interested in new model Tundra but would wait until 2025 model at least, if all seems good. I really enjoy my Platinum and being HEAVY helps in winter driving. No way I'm selling and glad to have a pre pcs/tss V8 dinosaur !!

·
Registered
7 Posts
The specs for the new land cruiser sound good 'would like to see the diesel option in a tundra...

While we wait to see what Toyota does with this new model on our shores, we can dive into the specs. It weighs a claimed 440 pounds less than its predecessor and uses two new engines: a gasoline twin-turbo 3.5-liter V6 with 409 horsepower and 479 pound-feet of torque or a turbodiesel twin-turbo 3.3-liter V6 with 304 hp and 516 pound-feet of torque. A 10-speed automatic transmission and—naturally—four-wheel drive are standard across the board.
10-speed like the 10r80? They had better make it easy to drop and drain the pan for the transmission, it's going to need it. Hopefully my gen1 Tundra lasts another 20 years with he new frame replacement.

·
Registered
7 Posts
bought my TRD sport brand new in 2018 for $43,000 out the door (including tax, title, registration). Sold it yesterday with 21,000 miles for $46,400!

gotta love how Toyota’s just don’t lose value. In all fairness, the used vehicle market is white hot right now, but still. A capital gain on a vehicle sale? Unheard of.
I have the same exact truck....hummmm tempting$$$

1 - 18 of 18 Posts