Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2015 Tundra TRD Pro and I am looking for a reasonably priced warranty outside of the dealership that covers all software issues in the Tundra like the Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA),18 and Smart Stop Technology, etc.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Very interesting question.

I do not think warranty service is available outside of a dealership?

There are extended warranties available that will cover the software issues; but as far as I know it still has to be service at a dealership?

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Check with several dealers to see who will give you the best price on a Toyota Platinum warranty. You can still get one as long as you are within the 3/36 warranty period.
Avoid 3rd party warranties. They usually aren't worth the paper they are written on.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Thank you. Wonder how often there are Tundra software issues.
There are almost none on the Truck overall. If and when they do have software updates, it is often very minor things that only affect a tiny number of people. Some do claim they have had fuel delivery problems (software); but most do not.

Regarding the navigation/entune stuff; there have been many updates there BUT each truck is different and not all updates apply to all trucks; even within the same model year and same model radio. Updates on navigation/entune could be described as hit or mis; it may or may not work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you. I feel a little better now that i cancelled the premium extended warranty. Although I still have a year on my standard 3 year warranty. I cancelled since i'm getting a power train warranty on my new pro comp 4" long travel lift kit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ICT information System LLC is among top erp software companies in Dubai, UAE is a provider of cusotmize software solution, consultation , and implementation among various ERP Modules that has been operating for quite some time in Dubai UAE IN THIS TIMESPAN, we have gained the man power,skill and experience to bring all of our clients an efficient and effects service that is specifically designed for their business.Online Trading In Dubai

1 - 7 of 7 Posts