1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOCAL TOYOTA-TRACTION & OFF-ROAD THERAPY EXPO

At the Famous:
IMG_7972.JPG

We are gauging interest in an off-road gathering from, 22-24 September at the Calico Ghost Town, by Barstow CA.
The weekend will consist of camping, friends, food, and trail runs. We are in the process of working out the logistics of camping accommodations.
We will scale this event based off of interest. This will be a multi-forum gathering, open to TacomaWorld and FJ forums as well.
THIS WILL NOT BE YOUR RUN OF THE MILL TRAIL RUN, THIS WILL KICK ASS!!!

There will be vendors attending!

Also, we will be conducting a raffle, with some awesome prizes (TBD). Proceeds will go to charity
IMG_7973.JPG

IMG_7974.JPG

Difficulty:
Easy/Moderate/Difficult trails

Organizer(s):
TheSentinel (Jason), @Oneluv13T4R (Miah), @Jdemello (Jason)

Trail Captains:
TBD -- We are seeking motivated, experienced volunteers to be trail leaders, must be available for a pre-run of routes prior to the event.

Event Location:
Calico Ghost Town
36600 Ghost Town Road
Yermo, CA 92398

Details:
We are in the planning stages of organizing a potentially large get together of off-road enthusiasts.
Weather: For those of you concerned with temperatures, the average temp on the same days in 2016 was 78 degrees

IMG_7975.JPG
Route Information:
IMG_7976.JPG

Calico OHV Information

Previous Calico Meet May 2016
May 2016 Meet and Run

Routes:
In the second post, there is a general map of the area. Specific routes will be posted beforehand.
There will be several routes planned throughout the surrounding BLM trails. Exact routes will depend on how many Trail Leaders we get to commit.*

Equipment:
*Note: some trails will have minimum equipment requirements, I.E. front bumper, 4x4, sliders, tire size, clearance, etc.

IMG_7977.JPG

Communications:
HAM:
146.460/467.687
CB Channel/ FMRS Chanel:
13/13.1

IMG_7978.JPG

Ground Rules:
As this will likely be a large gathering, we will have rules that we will have to enforce:
>The Trail Captains have absolute say on what goes, their word is gold.
>Good Attitude - This group is likely to be big...we'll need to be patient with each other
>Safety!!! Make sure your rig is safe to operate, drivers must keep safe distances!!!
>No alcohol consumption while driving on the trails
>Bring food, beverages as the routes will likely take most of the day
>Always bring spare fluids for your vehicle
>Recovery gear, we will use it!
>Recovery point front and rear (factory hook is fine)

Area Land Management:
Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Barstow Field Office
Katrina Symons- Field Manager
2601 Barstow Road
Barstow, CA 92311
Phone: 760-252-6000
Fax: 760-252-6098
Email: [email protected]

Note:
As always, I am open to all suggestions and comments.

Please Read

Guys we don't wanna muck this page up with non sense. We are only using this to gauge interest to get a rough idea on a head count. Also for those who have interest in being a trail leader and knows what it takes and can commit. Knowing the area would also benefit. But will be doing pre runs prior anyways if you don't.
So please this is to simply say you would be interested in attending, interested in trail leading or simply have an idea to add or a couple questions you may have that's relevant to the event.
Within 2weeks max we will have a an actual Event/run thread or web page with all of the needed up to date info and details as this continues.
So for now that's all we ask and hope all of you can mark it on your calendar and do what you gotta do to make it out for some well needed trail therapy with fellow Toyota enthusiasts.
No doubt it be one hell of a goodtime in one of the most unique areas in SoCal for trails and exploring

This is also posted on T4R.org for more info as well ...
As Tacoma World
as FJ Cruisers.com
And TundraTalk

Thanx
Miah

Oneluv13T4R, Today at 12:10 PM EditReport#1Multi-Quote +Quote
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

IMG_7979.jpg

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Curious for future reference - What's your requirements for a 2WD to come run the trail (trust me not thinking about going in a stock 2wd) with ya'll?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Curious for future reference - What's your requirements for a 2WD to come run the trail (trust me not thinking about going in a stock 2wd) with ya'll?
Oh I don't know ...mmmm? I guess I better check since I am 2wd!! Hopefully that answers your question. Haha
But most people don't even know it til they look under my truck and realize something is missing or I tell them.
Stopping in soft sand is my Achilles heal...and the 2nd hill on White Mountain in Big Bear. Urrrr!

Definitely interested in the Easy or even Moderate trails.
I will get you guys added to the list over on T4R.org
But I will keep you guys updated here as new info is released
With all the interest we have recieved the first day across the forums this should seal the deal with all the vendors and ourselves to make this a go!!
Will see you soon!!

Thanx,
Miah

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright guys here's the latest update and will be the location from here on out to get the latest info and updates for the upcoming festivities...

The Official Toyota "TRD" Trail Rehab Days OffRoad Fest

Toyota Trail Rehab Days - Southern California TOYOTA Off-Road Fest Barstow, CA
http://toyotatrailrehabdays.weebly.com/

This is where you can go an add yourself to the list, post messages and ask questions and get all the latest info.

Thanx
Miah

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@TheSentinel @Jdemello
Alright guys here we go...

So basically for anyone wanting or needing a Hookup/Full Hookup site will be paying the campgrounds regular rates. Sorry about that but your utilizing a utility and there's no way to discount that since everybody's use varies ..etc etc.

Now for the tent campers I got you guys a group rate of $5 dollars a night instead of $30 per a night and a group deposit of just $20 bucks which will be taken care of.
On top of that you can select any tent site in the campground which will be first pay first serve when reserving your spot. To help make it easier for you these are the allowed sites which are no hookups and tent camping only sites ..
Sections List:

1. Section F: ALL of this section is available to choose from

2. Section E: sites E20 thru E33

3. Section D: sites D1 thru D9

4. Section C: sites C1 thru C8 and C22 thru C29

5. Section B: sites B19 thru B23

When Calling to make your reservation let them know your with the Toyota Group.

I will be adding all of this info and more info to the site couple cool things in the works I will have for ya.

Website
Toyota Trail Rehab Days - Southern California TOYOTA Off-Road Fest Barstow, CA

Thanx for your patience
Miah

·
Registered
50 Posts
Literally look at that mountain everyday from work. I should be in for sure with a couple local Tacomas

·
Registered
27 Posts
Interest meter at 11 of 10:eek:

Chance of going meter 5 of 10:crying:

It would be a great chance to get to know my vehicle a little better:nerd:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
New Info & Updates

Toyota Trail Rehab Days: September 22-24 2017

At the Famous
[​IMG]

We are gauging interest in an off-road gathering from, 22-24 September at the Calico Ghost Town, by Barstow CA.
The weekend will consist of camping, friends, food, and trail runs. We are in the process of working out the logistics of camping accommodations.
We will scale this event based off of interest. This will be a multi-forum gathering, open to TacomaWorld and FJ forums as well.
THIS WILL NOT BE YOUR RUN OF THE MILL TRAIL RUN, THIS WILL KICK ASS!!!

There will be vendors attending!

Also, we will be conducting a raffle, with some awesome prizes (TBD). Proceeds will go to charity.

[​IMG]
PBG_0011_zps351baa5b_fb4094ad6cf0a97de493aa2e16a56a2310ded1bf.jpg

Difficulty:
Easy/Moderate/Difficult trails

Organizer(s):
TheSentinel (Jason), @Oneluv13T4R (Miah), @Jdemello (Jason)

Trail Captains:
TBD -- We are seeking motivated, experienced volunteers to be trail leaders, must be available for a pre-run of routes prior to the event.

Event Location:
Calico Ghost Town
36600 Ghost Town Road
Yermo, CA 92398

Details:
We are in the planning stages of organizing a potentially large get together of off-road enthusiasts.
Weather: For those of you concerned with temperatures, the average temp on the same days in 2016 was 78 degrees

[​IMG]

Route Information:
[​IMG]

Calico OHV Information

Previous Calico Meet May 2016
May 2016 Meet and Run

Routes:
In the second post, there is a general map of the area. Specific routes will be posted beforehand.
There will be several routes planned throughout the surrounding BLM trails. Exact routes will depend on how many Trail Leaders we get to commit.*

Equipment:
*Note: some trails will have minimum equipment requirements, I.E. front bumper, 4x4, sliders, tire size, clearance, etc.

[​IMG]

Communications:
HAM:
146.460/467.687
CB Channel/ FMRS Chanel:
13/13.1

204895d1463878681-may-2016-meet-run-imag_1a7eefb9d49b5b8627e3918e47b0964c063bc2a0.jpg

Ground Rules:
As this will likely be a large gathering, we will have rules that we will have to enforce:
>The Trail Captains have absolute say on what goes, their word is gold.
>Good Attitude - This group is likely to be big...we'll need to be patient with each other
>Safety!!! Make sure your rig is safe to operate, drivers must keep safe distances!!!
>No alcohol consumption while driving on the trails
>Bring food, beverages as the routes will likely take most of the day
>Always bring spare fluids for your vehicle
>Recovery gear, we will use it!
>Recovery point front and rear (factory hook is fine)

Area Land Management:
Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Barstow Field Office
Katrina Symons- Field Manager
2601 Barstow Road
Barstow, CA 92311
Phone: 760-252-6000
Fax: 760-252-6098
Email: [email protected]

Note:
As always, I am open to all suggestions and comments.

Please Read

Guys we don't wanna muck this page up with non sense. We are only using this to gauge interest to get a rough idea on a head count. Also for those who have interest in being a trail leader and knows what it takes and can commit. Knowing the area would also benefit. But will be doing pre runs prior anyways if you don't.
So please this is to simply say you would be interested in attending, interested in trail leading or simply have an idea to add or a couple questions you may have that's relevant to the event.
Within 2weeks max we will have a an actual Event/run thread or web page with all of the needed up to date info and details as this continues.
So for now that's all we ask and hope all of you can mark it on your calendar and do what you gotta do to make it out for some well needed trail therapy with fellow Toyota enthusiasts.
No doubt it be one hell of a goodtime in one of the most unique areas in SoCal for trails and exploring

This is also posted on T4R.org for more info as well ...
As FJ Cruiser.com
As TundraTalk
And here

Thanx
Miah

List of Updates:
current as of 8/11/17

* Runs & Routes Info:
IMPORTANT: please click on the link below for NEW INFO thank you.
I need everyone that is attending participation in this!!

Also its AWESOME to see all the interest and purchases in the decals thus far!!!
Thank you everyone.

Runs & Routes - Toyota Trail Rehab Days

* Trail Rehab Decal Info:
On Sale Now!![/COLOR]
Deadline Sept 8th

Fest Decals - Toyota Trail Rehab Days

* Camping Info:
@TheSentinel @Jdemello
Alright guys here we go...

So basically for anyone wanting or needing a Hookup/Full Hookup site will be paying the campgrounds regular rates. Sorry about that but your utilizing a utility and there's no way to discount that since everybody's use varies ..etc etc.

Now for the tent campers I got you guys a group rate of $5 dollars a night instead of $30 per a night and a group deposit of just $20 bucks which will be taken care of.
On top of that you can select any tent site in the campground which will be first pay first serve when reserving your spot. To help make it easier for you these are the allowed sites which are no hookups and tent camping only sites ..
Sections List:

1. Section F: ALL of this section is available to choose from

2. Section E: sites E20 thru E33

3. Section D: sites D1 thru D9

4. Section C: sites C1 thru C8 and C22 thru C29

5. Section B: sites B19 thru B23

When Calling to make your reservation let them know your with the Toyota Group.

I will be adding all of this info and more info to the site couple cool things in the works I will have for ya.

Thanx for your patience
Miah

IMG_8695.jpg

* Tentative Roster:
TheSentinel (Organizer
Oneluv13T4R (Organizer/Trail Commander)
JDemello (Organizer/Vendor)
MACT4R- T4R
Spenny- T4R
4rcybr- T4R
TK-422- T4R
UnJeep- T4R 3day Full Hookups
SoSoRunner- T4R
Jdotlim- T4R
85Straight- T4R
LMR - T4R
Drunner97 - T4R
ChaseRunner - T4R
Sonic Motor - TT
Gibzki - TT
Ammoman - FJ
Loganbeere - FJ. Wheeling Only
Strikera - FJ
Adadandhistruck - TW
Maggot61 - TW
Kloy - TW
Eon blue - TW
Uplifted - TW
Jvill4 - TW
Eccracer104 - TW
Fishinginjail - TW
Sdsurfer - TW
MikeLikesTacos - TW (interested in trail lead)
SocalErik - TW
Tombiology70 - TW
LordHelmet - TW
Lester315 - TW. 1day. Tent
SocalOC - TW. 2day. Tent
Addictedtopomad - TW
ds4runner - T4R
EddieV4runnin - T4R. 2day. Tent
2ndGenFlip - T4R
Jaydub514 - T4R
Tailsonthetrail - T4R
cdiset - T4R
Cbr900boy - T4R
SDmtnbkr - T4R
DezertRunner - T4R
grave - T4R
BAMFTaco - TW
2000man - TW. 2day. Tent
Brennanaic - TW
Acal - TW
Sanderhawk - FJ
Zacspolar - TT
Medicdude - TT
YetiX - T4R
mgifford - T4R
Chrispartida - T4R. 3day. No hookups
Maadcaap - T4R. 3day. Full Hookups
jimster716 - T4R
Mtns Yo - T4R
Glitch1213 - TW
178Taco - TW
Heffer - TW. 1day. Tent
Mwray8909 - T4R. 3day. Tent. (Trail Lead)
Goblue82 - TW
Socalktk - TW. 2day. Tent
Bergster36 - T4R/TW. 3day. Tent
Willbeck - TW
Mellow_Yellow87 - FJ
Jburt - T4R. 2day. Tent
SoCalOC - TW. 2day. Tent
ImSunshine2. - TW. 3day. Tent
Mr1337357 - T4R. 3day. Tent
Staticprotocol13 - TW. Wheeling Only
jamesepoop - FJ. Wheeling Only
jakethesnake - T4R. 3day. Tent
Virvak2 - TW. 3day. Tent
Sixthsnail - TW/T4R. 2day. Tent
Elp303 - TW. 2day. Tent
Uplifted - TW. 3day. Tent
jvill4 - 1day. Tent
Sdsurfer - TW. 2day. Tent
TheDoctor9257 - TW. 3day. Tent
Ductaco - TW. 2day. Tent
Ahbot - T4R. 3day. Tent
Assburns - T4R. 2day. Tent
Bebop - T4R. 1day. Tent
Warhound - T4R. 2day. Tent
TacomaBoy - TW. 2day. Tent
BorderCop - TundraTalk. 3day. Full Hookups
Outlaws - T4R. 2day. Tent
Brandocommando - T4R. 2day. Tent
Kdub351 - T4R. 2day. Tent
Hi-DezTundra - TT. 2day. Tent
Big V - T4R. Wheeling Only
TrainRacer - TT. Wheeling Only
Tacoma1192 - TW. 3day. Full Hookups
GreenEFSI - TW. Wheeling Only

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alright guys..since the people at the Calico Campground seem to not be the brightest at times..I have figured out the solution for booking your (tent) campsites. I have to book you guys in groups of 20 for the group camping rate at $5 bucks a night. So heres the deal Im gonna pay for a group of 20 people so the for the first 20 people to sign up will have first dibs on their campsite.
When you sign up below i need your screen name/ and real name first and lastalso how many nights you will be camping. Also keep in mind what im about to tell you ..this gathering just got a whole lot bigger (what does that mean) well you will find out tomorrow how real this just got. With that said we will be running trail runs friday and saturday now ...full day trail runs. So now you may wanna think about how many nights your camping...
And also to make it easier add the campsite that you want..

Once you sign up go to PayPal and send the amount 5x amount of nights to my account
[email protected]

1. Screen name
2. Real name
3.# of nights
4. Campsite #

Here you go gentlemen..
Campsite Sign Up List

1 @drunner97 -2nights -Any site
2 @MacT4R - 2nights - Anysite
3. @AssBurns - 2nights - Anysite
4. @dezertRunner - 2nights - Anysite

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
2 Routes added to Routes & Runs on the site
Also added the map that contains these routes on the Maps & Routes section of the site. So you can zoom in on the route to look at the terrain that they travel thru to get a better idea of each trail run. Still need to add a couple more which i am working on as we speak...thanx Miah

IMG_8740.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Alright everyone this is to Officially choose the TWO Trail runs that you would like to do for the event. So just reply by copying and pasting this in your post and simply type TWO of the trail numbers 1-10 you see below

Thank you in advance
Miah

Runs&Routes.jpg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts