Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I got about two years of very spirited driving out of it. I have changed the fluid a few times and always use what it requires but I think the power just wore it out.

I will drain it and refill it to see if it helps but I'm not very hopeful. I will keep it in there till something better gets released, like a TruTrac. No sense buying another one as it will just wear out also. They do state that the hp limit is about 500hp.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.......

Just to answer the enviable questions.... I do not want a locker.

Jon

·
Premium Member
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you are not boosted or drive it like you stole it..... Then I wouldn't hesitate. It is night and day better than the stock setup.

I just beat it up too much I guess.

·
Registered
409 Posts
If you are not boosted or drive it like you stole it..... Then I wouldn't hesitate. It is night and day better than the stock setup.

That's why I've been holding off on one, and I don't want a locker either. Hopefully some one will make something that'll handle all that torque.

·
Registered
273 Posts

I drive it to its limits most of the time, and am going to boost it soon also :), I usually turn the nannies off, But I don't know if the auburn is gonna help in what exactly!

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
I think I drive it to its limits most of the time, and am going to boost it soon also :), I usually turn the nannies off, But I don't know if the auburn is gonna help in what exactly!
drive your truck with a SC and you'll figure it out real quick like. You'll also discover those "limits" you speak of will need to be modified a bit ;)

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Spoolin (Chris) blew his Auburn LSD out pretty quick, he was the first one to post that, you are the second so it's not too bad, nothing is bullet proof. There is a price to pay for power.. supposidly this is in the works for the Tundra: "The Auburn ECTED Max locking differential is a SELECTABLE limited slip to a full locking differential".
Leading Manufacturer of Traction Enchancing Differentials & Planetary Drives - Auburn Gear

This is probably going to take a while or may never happen like the tuners, I'm still with my stock rear end, I really need to do something asap!
-

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
I guess that is why they have the exchange program. I was wondering if it was just a bolt in or whether you had to go through a set up with it?
I really want to get one but every time I have the money, no time or time but no money.

·
Premium Member
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, it's a big pita to remove and reinstall. Drain, pull axles, brake lines, center section (which weighs a ton), R&R the diff, check run-out and pattern, reinstall.

I would actually like to get a second center section so I could get one all set up and ready to go

·
Registered
455 Posts
mine lsd is gone too. it lasted 8 months. sc, street race some(mannly just puting other cars to shame lol) and a good bit of off road. but it was a great 8 months!!! i would get another one if it would last longer. it made a massive difference! im looking at a locker now bc i have to do somthing

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Do what? (Drag Race? :D)

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I don't know how I missed this thread. One wheel peel sucks. Hoping to not be the next one, but seems like it is inevitable especially the way I drive. Going on 3 years now knock on wood

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Any thoughts on their DREX program?

Leading Manufacturer of Traction Enchancing Differentials & Planetary Drives - Auburn Gear

Auburn Gear, Inc is proud to announce the introduction of its' D-REX Program. D-REX stands for Differential Replacement EXchange Program. Auburn Gear's Limited Slip Differentials are designed and manufactured with an unique and robust cone clutch mechanism. (See the figure below.) However, due to the matching of the side gear/cone clutch assembly during machining and assembly, this makes the differential case and side gear/cone clutch mechanism a matched set and therefore non-rebuildable. All other components within the Auburn Gear differential are replaceable and service kits are available.

Best Guarantees in the Industry - we back up our performance advantages by offering the best warranty in the business: a one-year warranty, plus an additional four years of coverage. D-REX stands for Differential-Replacement EXchange. We will replace your unit, no matter the reason, within the first 4 years after purchase for the price of a competitor’s clutch pack. Every part you get will be brand new–the unit comes assembled, tested, certified, ready for installation. No more rebuilding and mixing old worn parts with new parts!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Any thoughts on their DREX program?

Auburn Gear, Inc is proud to announce the introduction of its' D-REX Program. D-REX stands for Differential Replacement EXchange Program. Auburn Gear's Limited Slip Differentials are designed and manufactured with an unique and robust cone clutch mechanism. (See the figure below.) However, due to the matching of the side gear/cone clutch assembly during machining and assembly, this makes the differential case and side gear/cone clutch mechanism a matched set and therefore non-rebuildable. All other components within the Auburn Gear differential are replaceable and service kits are available.

Best Guarantees in the Industry - we back up our performance advantages by offering the best warranty in the business: a one-year warranty, plus an additional four years of coverage. D-REX stands for Differential-Replacement EXchange. We will replace your unit, no matter the reason, within the first 4 years after purchase for the price of a competitor’s clutch pack. Every part you get will be brand new–the unit comes assembled, tested, certified, ready for installation. No more rebuilding and mixing old worn parts with new parts!
Talking to them about this now. I will keep y'all posted. But not impressed with there customer service so far.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 20 of 55 Posts