Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still trying to squeeze more power out of my 5.7 without adding a Supercharger (I might consider this later on)... but short of exhaust manifolds I can't find anything else to do with my motor. What are some of the things that other people have done on this stie to extract more power from your truck. The only other things I have found was to add NOS (not a big fan of that) or to buy a chip for it (but from what I have seen not worth the $$)... so any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Just save all that money for a supercharger. You'll be much happier.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
I am still trying to squeeze more power out of my 5.7 without adding a Supercharger (I might consider this later on)... but short of exhaust manifolds I can't find anything else to do with my motor. What are some of the things that other people have done on this stie to extract more power from your truck. The only other things I have found was to add NOS (not a big fan of that) or to buy a chip for it (but from what I have seen not worth the $$)... so any other suggestions?
Scott,I think supercharger is the way to go cuz Mongo pretty much got all the same mods as you Scott and looking for more horsies too.

So superchargiie will be next.

However Scott you musta ben impressed with the 3 to 4 horsie gain by reducing wind reduction with the stubby antennnnii. Know I was.

BTW Scott thank you for your service brother..................Over

·
Premium Member
748 Posts

not sure whats their status but Diablo is working on the Programmer for our Tundra....in mean time you can add Longtube Headers...and stay away from NOS those things are bad for the engine @ only for cheaters..hehe..

also how is your top end with those TRD duals..I love my Corsa!!

Reactions: ScottSr5

·
Registered
118 Posts
Some weight reduction could help excceleration at higher speed, but you will probably lose some traction from a launch!!!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it looks like I'll just have to wait and save up for the S/C... hope that doesn't take to long.. Thanks for all of the help though.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Well it looks like I'll just have to wait and save up for the S/C... hope that doesn't take to long.. Thanks for all of the help though.
delete some cats to free up some more. also add x-pipe.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Lean your truck out and you can pick up 10-15 rwhp.

·
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,742 Posts
Add turbos.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I vote for DT long tubes, these will help you realize some of the power gains from your existing mods.

Mr. Addict...please elaborate; I think you did already in another post, but forgot where it is or I didn't understand it or maybe I was too scared to try what you did and erased it out of my memory...help a brotha out here.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Mr. Addict...please elaborate; I think you did already in another post, but forgot where it is or I didn't understand it or maybe I was too scared to try what you did and erased it out of my memory...help a brotha out here.
Lmao @ "mr. Addict". I used a split second piggy back tuner. The actual tuner is a psc1-003. It taps between your MAF sensor and your ECU. Then you can upload the software onto your laptop and plug it into the tuner. You can then go through and adjust the voltage your ECU sees from the MAF. That will in-turn either make your truck richer or leaner. You can control it in open loop or closed loop too. Since I don't have cams or anything. Serious like that I only adjusted mine in open loop which is WOT.

I do not agree with the longtube header idea. I feel like the longtubes are rather useless until someone comes out with a stall converter or gears to get you into that powerband faster.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts