Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Tundra, need really good snow tires. I live in the Sierra Nevada mountains, and have steep winding hills to access my home. Any suggestions? How are the Michelin MS-T? Any ideas are welcome! THANKS!!

·
Cereal Killer
20,307 Posts
Bridgestone Blizzaks if you want adhesion to packed snow and ice. Nokian Hakkapellitas if you want deep snow performance.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Never tried the Bizzaks, have read they are great for the first half of the tread, then grip is compromised. Something like that. A while ago I started buying Nokian tires in general, as I got tired of looking at all the models. The Hakka's I had were excellent, well on my VW anyhow. As winter gets closer I plan to look at the Nokian Raptiva's, that is one of their newer snow tires, and it seems as recommended as their other tires.

One thing I, and perhaps you too, need to do is start shopping for another set of rims and tire sensors. That way I can swap tires at will. Snow/winter tires have softer tread, and wear faster, so I don't want to run winter tires year round.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have Toyo GSI5's and they have been great! 275 60 20

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
542 Posts
Duratrac's are very good in snow, not bad on ice but they don't compare to a true winter tire IMO.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.