Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, due to short yellow pole in my blindspot on right side, I am in the market for a new bumper. Looking hard at the smittybilt M1 since alwayslooking is no longer fabing stuff. I can get it and the 12000 lb winch with winch accessory kit and cover shipped to Alaska for just under $2000. Any reason why I shouldn't pull the trigger? Anybody got a better idea? linke to the one i'm talking about or just google smittybilt tundra front bumper:

Smittybilt Part s/b612840 - M1 Toyota Tundra Truck Front Bumper, Black

·
Registered
453 Posts
I like it:eek: I was one the folks who got an AL bumper and it looks very similar. I'd take it and get it Linex'd before getting it installed. I plasti dipped my stock rear one last year, and when I get back from my deployment, I'm planning on getting an aftermarket rear one, and having it Linex'd before installing it. And if you do go the Linex route, spend the extra $$$ and get the UV protected stuff. I got my NFAB steps done over a year ago, and they're still bright and shiny, even with the brutal Texas/Az sun blazing on it all day:D

Reactions: racaudell

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good intel. Gonna get the rear linex (or similar) when/if I pull the trigger on this one. Gonna get this one next week unless somebody can talk me out of it.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I like my M1 and the best part is that it came with the grill insert for free. :) 4WheelParts special back in Nov. 2012.

The rear bumper also looks better than the pic on 4WP website... I think that was the concept rendering.

Some things I've encountered:

There's a slight rattle coming from somewhere. I tightened all the nuts/bolts but I still hear it in occasion. No rattle when I pound on it with my fist so it's hard to pin point. (might be from the fender / edge of the bumper)

Dropped about 1 mpg. Was averaging 12.3 but now i'm at 11.4...

The weight also dropped my front end a little, causing my 37's to rub my body mount... I'm thinking of looking into stiffer springs for my icons in addition to trimming the body mount.

When I wired the 55W 3.5" driving light to my factory fog light switch, I popped the fuse. I ended up buying some hid's and modifying the bulb a bit so it can fit in the housing. I put the amber lights and the reverse lights (M1 rear bumper) each on a switch.

Hope this helps...

Attachments

Reactions: racaudell

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good stuff. I'm runn 33's on stockers with a level kit. Don't think the drop will affect me. Which lift are you running?

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
It shouldn't affect it much. I have one on mine with bilstein 5100 s and didn't even notice a drop. I'm throwing a warn winch in and. I expect to see a little drop with that

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Automotive tire

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
4 Posts
EB Tundra
Can you post pics of rear bumper please ? I have someone wanting my stock bumpers, and about to pull-the-triger on the M!'s front and rear, I called Smittybuilt today, cusomter service, very helpful, but they said have to have factory hitch, I have trhe window sticker on the truck, with tow package, but CS @ Smitty, said something about the factory hitch conects over the frame rail, or something to that effect, I looked at my hitch, it connects on the side of the frame rails, since this was a dealer trade truck, trying to make sure my hitch set-up will work with this bumper---thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts