Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 Tundra has a slip indicator light(not the VSC light) is always on. I was told by a highly recommended shop owner that was an old toyota/lexus mechanic that to fix I would have to replace the brake booster for a total of $2263 ($710 labor+$1437 parts). He was not pushy at all and thought the price was outrageous considering my brakes work fine.
I've tried disconnecting the battery to no avail....... Anyone have any ideas?? that light is driving me nuts. THANKS

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me last year. Did some searching around and you can turn it off with Techstream, but it comes back in a few weeks. One other poster found that you could put it in 4low and that will turn the light off for a while. The brakes always worked fine otherwise. I did new pads and a fluid flush and bleed to see if that would help, but it did not. I also did a bleed with Techstream for the ABS module, and that did not work either. Apparently there is an o-ring in the brake booster that leaks and I have not found anywhere where it is replaceable. I think my code in Techstream was something like "brake load sensing switch". I finally gave up and the dealer fixed it with a new brake booster and my cost was what you posted.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts