Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are so many random threads on this I figured it was easier to just post separate that there is an official TSB out for the noisy front end on Pros (skid plate). Just had mine fixed and seems to have worked. It's all new mounting hardware.

TSB T-TT-0418-16

·
I'll make you cool!
584 Posts
I emailed my dealer that TSB a couple days ago so i can finially get it fixed right. They have re-torqued the existing bolts twice, made a difference for a few days and then back to creaking .

They ordered the hardware and now im waiting. This would have never happened if the oil change tech didnt start taking bolts out of skid instead of using the designed oil filter door on my 20k service.

·
Registered
14,226 Posts
Reactions: Sparkylpm

·
Registered
128 Posts
I called my service manager today on the TSB and he stated that all it is torque specs no new hardware. Can someone please confirm this is wrong info.

Thanks

Yes that is correct, but if they over torqued it and crushed the spacers they must install a new kit to get the popping to stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
Mine only was fixed for a few weeks and then it started popping again. I put the rubber spacers from Lowes in and no noise for now...I will let you know how it works long term.

·
I'll make you cool!
584 Posts
I brought mine back to the dealer so many times to get fixed that they actually gave up. Told me there is no good fix for the creaking and they could take it off and put the factory splash guard back on.

This is after they put a new hardware kit on about a year ago. I've been to dealership at least 8 times about the issue.

·
Registered
128 Posts
ACDAN sounds like you need to call TOYOTA care and open a case - at least corp will know there is a problem. Or you can try the rubber spacers from LOWE’S - so far that’s working for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ACDan

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
ACDAN sounds like you need to call TOYOTA care and open a case - at least corp will know there is a problem. Or you can try the rubber spacers from LOWE’S - so far that’s working for me.
I used some rubber floor mat I had laying around to fix mine.
Put it between the frame and skid plate in the rear of the plate.
Have yet to hear a peep out of it.:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.