Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all. I'll give a proper intro when my truck is delivered later this week. In the mean time, I'm looking for some help with a simple sub setup to add to the stock system (upgraded mids and highs may come later) and still allow full functionality of the rear seat. I've seen a few prefab solutions (Pro Box, JLA, Qlogic, Fox) and am curious of others' experience with these. It looks like we don't have a lot of depth to work with so I'm also curious of others' sub selections. Many thanks.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Greetings all. I'll give a proper intro when my truck is delivered later this week. In the mean time, I'm looking for some help with a simple sub setup to add to the stock system (upgraded mids and highs may come later) and still allow full functionality of the rear seat. I've seen a few prefab solutions (Pro Box, JLA, Qlogic, Fox) and am curious of others' experience with these. It looks like we don't have a lot of depth to work with so I'm also curious of others' sub selections. Many thanks.
If your looking for bang for the buck I would recommend the new kicker comp rt, they are reasonably priced and all of them I have installed so far sound great.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your looking for bang for the buck I would recommend the new kicker comp rt, they are reasonably priced and all of them I have installed so far sound great.
Thanks for the reply. I've never heard a shallow mount setup. What enclosure did you use?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Tech12volts box w/ sundown Sd10 $499.. Perfect setup 500 rms each with a nice amp.. I use jl-jx1000 cause its what I have in stock... Perfect setup

Tech12volts.com for custom box.. I lost like to clicks with my setup but its well worth it

·
Registered
408 Posts
I researched quite a bit, for my music taste the Sundown SD-8 would be best. I was going to run three of them in a tech12volt enclosure
Great option.. Their box are well built and I'm very impress. They're so well built that I lost .1 mpg off my daily driver but worth it... Sounds great, I went with. 10 inch x 2 cause I got a great deal on it from the Bay Area member... Paid $470 box, sub, amp, egr visors channel in, and air filter for that price and they're literally brand new

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've seen quite a few folks suggest the Sundown line. It appears that Tech12Volts offers a loaded, ported option (10") for Sundowns. Is this the one being referred to?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Yea....the 10's ported will slam like no tommorrow....I perfer the 8" subs ported
Sundown Sd-2 10 inch.. Best bang for the bucks.. It definitely more than what I need... I haven't even max out the amp yet and I'm satisfy.. Running lc6i to 4 channel Rockford t600-4 for focal vr polyglass components all around w/ jl jx1000 amp for sub.. Very happy with setup

Whatever u decided, make sure you don't cheap out on amp kit.. I end up removing all stinger kit and replaced with knukonceptz.com amp kit.. Pricey but worth every penny.. Use their amp kit, RCA and speakers wires.. Elimated all the minor flaws I had in the sound quality

·
Registered
663 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
408 Posts
Yes for a CM, everything works.. You might lose a click or 2 off seat but no a problem since CM is spacious

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Has anyone heard the Pro Box set up?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sub'd

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What thoughts on there in down firing versus traditional?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
What thoughts on there in down firing versus traditional?
In a double cab it sounds about the same as firing up, the best sound I have heard so far is a double cab I did for s customer with 3 JL 8w3 firing back toward the rear of the truck. That thing pounds!!

·
Registered
663 Posts
In a double cab it sounds about the same as firing up, the best sound I have heard so far is a double cab I did for s customer with 3 JL 8w3 firing back toward the rear of the truck. That thing pounds!!
IF I had a DC, I would do something similar but with 3 or 4 8 inch Sundown Audio subs.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts