Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my 2007 Tundra I need to replace the front passenger door speaker since it has a wonderful rattling sound. I have the stock non-JBL headunit. At some point I would like to get some really nice speakers in there but that is not the goal right now. I just want something that will play music without rattling.

Any recommendations? Should I just go with the cheapest speakers that I can get off of Crutchfield?

· Registered
1,093 Posts
Research Crutchfield, buy from them or ebay Amazon...
anything you get will be better than what you have.

· Registered
95 Posts
I'm selling my complete stock speaker set for $20 + shipping. They were only used for a few days before I pulled them out. Not only would you get the one replacement that you need, but also a backup for every other speaker in the truck :)

Send me a PM if you are interested

· Registered
62 Posts
So I see that the Polk DB651 seems like a good deal and has a lot of good reviews. Would that be a good replacement speaker especially for the price.
I just got the DXi 650s Polk 6.5's all the way around. The people at Crutchfield said it was a bit newer than the DB series and had the exact same sound signature. They're currently on sale for $25 off. For $149 shipped I got four new speakers, all the Scoche (sp?) adapters, and speaker quick connects. Installed them all today and love the sound. Much more crisp than stock with decent mid bass.

In all honesty, I still think the weakness of the system is the head unit. As much as I like my new speakers, I'd imagine the sound from a new HU and amp would be a huge difference maker.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.