Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Silverhack’s 2018 TRD Faux

I bought my 2018 Tundra on October 2nd, 2017. It was the first '18 Inferno Limited in Northern California according to my dealer who had to do a little work to even find one in the build inventory.

...there are many like it but this one is mine. :)

Here it is on Day 1, about 30 minutes after purchase.

and here it is now, with the changes listed below:

Changes completed so far:
(see posts below for details)
- Husky X-Act Fit all weather floor mats (from SVCustoms)
- stubby antenna
- Inferno door handles & mirror caps (from ToyotaOfCoolSprings)
- Driver’s side grab handle (from ToyotaOfCoolSprings)
- Tailgate letter inserts (Amazon)
- Black badges (Amazon)
- Viper 5706 alarm & remote start
- Tyger Auto side steps (Amazon)
- ESP Long box (from ESP)
- FRAC Harness & VIM bypass (from Tundratex)
- Black front bumper end caps (from ToyotaOfCoolSprings)
- Inferno-matched grill surround & hood bulge (from ToyotaOfCoolSprings)
- Beer bottle opener in the bed (from Amazon)
- Magnetic cell phone mount (from Amazon)
- Lund Revolution bull bar with light
- LED grill lights (aka Raptor Style lights)
- All black TRD shift knob
- Leer shell with electronic lock (lucky enough to find an Inferno one on Craigslist, was worth the 6 hour drive)
- Pop & Lock tailgate lock
- Bedrug
- TRD rear sway bar

Mods on the wish list:
- Lift/Level it (still deciding which shocks to get... TRD Pro?)
- TRD Pro Exhaust or BAM 8"

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Silverhack’s 2018 TRD Faux

FRAC Harness installed.
I changed out the original crimp connectors on the switches and soldered on some of these automotive connectors. They are larger than needed, a bit overkill, but they work well.

I found it easiest to route the wires to the right side and down to the bottom.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Silverhack, what's this mod for? Did you mod the backup camera to work anytime with the push of a button?

FRAC Harness installed.
I changed out the original crimp connectors on the switches and soldered on some of these automotive connectors. They are larger than needed, a bit overkill, but they work well.

I found it easiest to route the wires to the right side and down to the bottom.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My3Suns said:
Silverhack, what's this mod for? Did you mod the backup camera to work anytime with the push of a button?

Yes. The FRAC harness is for Front & Rear Anytime Camera. A switch allows me to turn on the rear camera or front camera any time. There is also another switch for the Vehicle In Motion bypass to allow (the passenger) to fully use the touch screen while the vehicle is moving, so addresses can be entered for GPS and such.

·
Registered
177 Posts
That's definitely on my mod list. below is the circuit I made for reference along with a couple USB chargers I installed this weekend.

I'm always looking to do cool mods! Here's also a automatic nanny disable circuit I put in a little while ago

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@My3Suns I considered going that route as well for the camera switch, but I ended up buying TundraTex's FRAC harness so I could also add a front camera as well. Plus it was a simple plug-and-play solution that I didn't have to use wire-taps.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's definitely on my mod list. below is the circuit I made for reference along with a couple USB chargers I installed this weekend.

I'm always looking to do cool mods! Here's also a automatic nanny disable circuit I put in a little while ago

What camera are you using for the front?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Today I replaced the chrome front bumper end caps with black ones. It took a little longer than I thought it would but I could definitely do it faster the next time. (If there ever is a next time). I figured out a few things along to way that would make it easier to do again.

·
Registered
37 Posts
For the vehicle in motion mod did you just disconnect (cut) the speed sensor wire (white)?

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
You forgot the most important mod........The TRD Pro Shift Knob.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts