Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put a new set of Sightline blades on my 2016 on October 24 and they are chattering already. Not even 2 months and they have issues. Anyone else have a similar experience?
Chuck

·
Registered
104 Posts
Put a new set of Sightline blades on my 2016 on October 24 and they are chattering already. Not even 2 months and they have issues. Anyone else have a similar experience?
Chuck
Could it be that you may have a build up of road film on your windshield? Maybe a clay barring of the windshield might help....

Just throwing out some scenarios...

·
Registered
10,379 Posts
Could it be that you may have a build up of road film on your windshield? Maybe a clay barring of the windshield might help....

Just throwing out some scenarios...
I had a similar scenario with the wife's windshield wiper blades chattering. It rarely rains in SoCal so I thought I'd take a closer look.
The blades were nearly new so I cleaned the windshield and the blades as best I could and added Rain-X to the windshield ~ problem solved.
A good waxing of the windshield might return similar results instead of using the Rain-X.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had a similar scenario with the wife's windshield wiper blades chattering. It rarely rains in SoCal so I thought I'd take a closer look.
The blades were nearly new so I cleaned the windshield and the blades as best I could and added Rain-X to the windshield ~ problem solved.
A good waxing of the windshield might return similar results instead of using the Rain-X.
I failed to mention that I will clean my blades every so often too. I use the same wipes that I have for my glasses since they contain some alcohol.

As part of my regiment I will, at minimum, twice a year relegate an older claybar and use it to remove contamination from the windshield. I will also do this after a long road trip, normally when we head north to visit family.

I have tried windshield coatings since I’m a big fan of coatings for paint. I just never really warmed up to them on the windshield after trying a few...

I also have started using Pinnacle’s Glass Polish for an extra kick, as needed.

As @MetalMonkey mentions Rain X is a favorite for many.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered the valeo blades yesterday, I cleaned and polished the glass prior to installing the sightlines kinda pissed as the stock blades preformed well for 2 years not 2 months like the sightlines. I noticed the sightline blades prop the wiper arm up further from the windshield maybe part of the issue.
Merry Christmas Chuck

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I wouldn't use anything but Valeo for years. The last 4 years or so they have really went down hill to me. I've switched to using a Bosch Icon wiper. In fact, I'm going on 3 years with one in the drivers side. I've even bought its replacement and its been sitting in my basement for about year now.

I do use the Rain X orange windshield wiper fluid. Best there is. I very seldom cut on my wipers when on the interstate or going fast enough for the rain to sheet off the windshield. I've never had to clay the windshield or do anything but spray the suds off of it when I wash it.

Just my penny.

The Valeo seem to get where they would lift slightly at highway speeds and streak.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Turns out the cause of the wiper chatter is the orange rain X washer fluid. Went back to the blue stuff and the chatter has stopped.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Turns out the cause of the wiper chatter is the orange rain X washer fluid. Went back to the blue stuff and the chatter has stopped.
I've run the orange rain x washer fluid for many years in all my vehicles. NEVER had a chatter problem. Chatter comes from hard or misaligned blades.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I had the OE wiper blades on my 2016 for almost 3 years before I swapped them out to the Sightline blades. They worked good for a few months and now they chatter and leave streaks like some cheap Walmart brand blade. At interstate speeds, they lack the downforce to make good contact with the windshield and just make a mess of everything. I am pretty good about using a clay bar on my windshield each year so I know its not that. Just ordered some OE Toyota blades from Cool Springs as they worked great for years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts