Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

As I get closer and closer to my own tundra, I keep finding questions to ask you guys.

I have a '12 Yamaha Rhino 700 EFI that is generally a trailer queen but if possible I'd rather have it in the bed of the truck. The trailer is easy enough but it can be a pain to swing in the small yard at our camp. I've found that normally it's easy to unload the trailer and unhook it before moving it by myself. It'd be nice to have alittle more yard space too by keeping the trailer home.

If it makes a difference, camp is about 75 miles away, ~30% highway, 50% single lane roads at 55mph, 20% windy back country roads and washed out logging trails. Rhino has a roof on it but not an enclosed cab, not sure if that makes a big difference with wind resistance or not.

Truck will be stock for awhile and is a 4.6L double cab standard box.

Looking forward to all the input and even pictures if you've got them!

·
Registered
717 Posts
My 800 Can Am Outlander is a tight fight in the bed. When I go my Outty gets loaded then sometimes a small dirt bike on the side going over the wheel well. But I don't think a SxS will fit

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 800 Can Am Outlander is a tight fight in the bed. When I go my Outty gets loaded then sometimes a small dirt bike on the side going over the wheel well. But I don't think a SxS will fit
Is that tight width or length? Length isn't a concern as long as the rear axle isn't on the end of the tailgate.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Rhino is not going to fit between the wheel wells, you could put it in the bed but you would have to make some sort of deck to drive it up on.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Midsize Polaris Ranger

I just bought a ranger 500 midsize and was wondering the same thing. I know the length will work but I'm worried about the wheel wells. Does anyone know if the midsize ranger will fit?

·
Registered
415 Posts
If this guy can do it with a 4-seater...I dont see a problem. Haha

Get creative...you could make tire ramps/platform that sit level with wheel wells so front wheels sit higher than rear when loaded in bed of the truck.

I do know RZRs are narrower than the Rangers, so play around with a tape measure and measure the width of the bed rails.

Reactions: wiscdave

·
Registered
497 Posts
If this guy can do it with a 4-seater...I dont see a problem. Haha

Get creative...you could make tire ramps/platform that sit level with wheel wells so front wheels sit higher than rear when loaded in bed of the truck.

I do know RZRs are narrower than the Rangers, so play around with a tape measure and measure the width of the bed rails.
That is crazy..

I plan on putting my Arctic Cat Crossfire 800 with a 141 track in the back of my truck this year..10.5 ft long. Pictures will be posted the first time :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts