Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What purpose bumpers are you looking to build?
I live in ranch, farm and fishing country so I am looking to have a front bumper that has either a receiver hitch or winch and a built in brush guard. On the front I also want to have fishing rod holders for beach fishing. For the back I am looking to build a solid bumper with two 30k tow/D rings. Both will be pipe and diamond plate.

My second project will be a custom tool box for the bed also made with diamond plate.

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
I am not into pipe bumpers. Not in keeping with a Tundra. For the front, I'd get a standard front frame mount and use a hitch mount winch base. That way you can use it front or back and store it inside when not used.
For the back, I'd go with eyes for shackles instead of rattling D rings you cannot remove. There is another current thread on someone doing a rear bumper that is a good start.

·
Registered
413 Posts
i personally and a huge fan of the expedition one rear bumper, and josh (alwayslooking) front bumper... but since he isnt here anymore i have to pick a store bought one, which is a tie between road armor, and smittybuilt m1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts