Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading up on some leveling kits and heard about a lot people having to do the "ZPC" after a lift, level or bigger tires.

When I bought my truck it had the stock 275/65/18 Bridgestone dueler street tires on it. Since I have added a magnaflow muffler (stock piping) and 33" (275/70/18) BFG at's. I put the muff on day after I brought the truck home and didn't really notice a difference but once I put the tires on I feel like I did loose a little bit of the zip. The truck used to be almost "jumpy" especially at low speeds like in parking lot if you just tapped the throttle. With the bfgs I feel like its gone but chalked it up to the larger (1" taller) and heavier load range e tires. I never get any lights except the traction control if i floor it from a stand still or even sometimes when moving at speed. Every once in a while i do notice a shift that doesnt seem right ( not a weird shift point but more like a slip/pause/hesitation from one gear to the next when accelerating) or the abs kick on if i jam on the brakes to fast. Not sure if this is all normal or not. I have no level or lift, just next size up tires so the truck sits 1/2" higher than stock. Could this zpc benefit me? Or am I just slightly sluggish due to tires being bigger and heavier.

· Registered
244 Posts
I had the dealer zero mine today ($120) after I put on 35", 18" wheels and a 3" suspension lift. Hard to tell if any of difference was made as I still exp the sluggish part of it...just comes with bigger tires and wheels...believe it's pretty normal...it'll still go quick, and will cruise past 60 no prob..but when I gun it, it'll hesitate some.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Registered
403 Posts
I had the dealer zero mine today ($120) after I put on 35", 18" wheels and a 3" suspension lift. Hard to tell if any of difference was made as I still exp the sluggish part of it...just comes with bigger tires and wheels...believe it's pretty normal...it'll still go quick, and will cruise past 60 no prob..but when I gun it, it'll hesitate some.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Why are people STILL throwing money away at the dealership when it's so easy to do it by yourself and the instructions here on the forum? More power to you I guess.....

· Registered
34 Posts
Why are people STILL throwing money away at the dealership when it's so easy to do it by yourself and the instructions here on the forum? More power to you I guess.....
This is a bad, bully like post.

I do not know what thing gent does for the living but I already can hear him moaning if somebody here chastise his customers for giving him business.

People at dealers have to eat too and if somebody can actually afford to have people doing work for him why not?

Pull up yer pants, get of yer iPhone and make some money.

I had bug man spray my house yesterday! It is easy but I enjoyed seeing him doing it. It is American way.

· Registered
403 Posts
ok bro, don't get all bent out of shape, if you REALLY want to personally fund your dealership, by all means, go ahead. They'll be happy to take your money :D

· Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if i do the ZPC i am going to do it myself with a paperclip. Just trying to get an idea if its worth a shot or not. I know the VSC and ECU arent exactly related, but alot of people are describing some of the same symptoms I had after they level/lift/larger tires. and the VSC seems to have an effect on not only cornering, but power, shift points, braking, etc.

· Registered
444 Posts
I think you should give it a try. From my understanding you only have gains from this, and really nothing to lose. I'm going to do the ZPC this afternoon as I just threw on bigger tires.

· Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think you should give it a try. From my understanding you only have gains from this, and really nothing to lose. I'm going to do the ZPC this afternoon as I just threw on bigger tires.
i agree with what you say. in theory, everything will stay the same or get better. i just am a little concerned that say im not on perfectly level ground that things do get worse.

let me know how you make out this afternoon with the ZPC

· Registered
444 Posts
i agree with what you say. in theory, everything will stay the same or get better. i just am a little concerned that say im not on perfectly level ground that things do get worse.

let me know how you make out this afternoon with the ZPC
Yeah, no kidding. I guess I'll find out how level my garage floor is today! Will do, let me know how yours goes when you get to it. Good luck!

· Registered
34 Posts
ok bro, don't get all bent out of shape, if you REALLY want to personally fund your dealership, by all means, go ahead. They'll be happy to take your money :D
Most likely I am most qualified person to work on my car in my state, therefore I am electing to do it myself but that is not an issue.
I am not busting people over paying for legitme services, underming honest people livelyhood in process nor I let you do it with impunity, that is all. Beside that it is all good amigo.:cool:

· Registered
174 Posts
I don't think ZPC going to help the sluggishness. I would suggest pulling the battery cable for a few and letting the computer reset and learn your driving style and changes. Then see if that helps it feel better.

· Registered
444 Posts
I went ahead and did the ZPC, twice. The first time I didn't really feel like anything changed. The second time I pulled the battery cable for about 5 mins. I think that readjusted some stuff because it feels more peppy and the tires let loose a couple times from standstill; before this wouldn't have happened. The thing that scared me was when I started the truck it sputtered and almost died. Upon another start it did not do this so I'm guessing it was the computer adjusting the fuel/air mixture perhaps?

· Registered
196 Posts
That first time I tried the ZPC with the paper clip, I didn't get the beeps. The second time, I did and it worked out great.

Reactions: mchooch
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.